lugia19 Nov 12th, 2018 (edited) 9,403 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- So I (lugia19), with a lot of help from Sore Eyes, have been working on remastering/improving the original MGQ trilogy and upscaling it to both 1080p and 720p.
- To install it just download the zip file corrisponding to what resolution you want.
- ====THE REMASTER IS STANDALONE. PUT IT IN ITS OWN FOLDER AND RUN ITS EXE. YOU DON'T NEED THE ORIGINAL GAME.====
- Be sure to check out the readme that's included.
- It'll work on whatever platform you choose so long as it has an onscripter port. The download includes the windows version of onscripter.
- Thanks to the magic of PNGquant's compression, the sizes for the two versions of the remaster are now 2 GB for 720p and 2.9 GB for 1080p.
- Also, please check out the "Updates" link and update your version like this:
- -Download the zip corresponding to your version
- -Unpack it in the install directory and overwrite all files
- At the moment all current updates are included in the zip files. If you don't have an NG+ upscaler folder, that means you're on an old version - simply download the update.
- There's a bonus fight in the extras menu. Play it.
- IF THE BONUS FIGHT GETS STUCK AFTER GETTING GRANBERIA DOWN TO 0 HP AND HER FINAL ATTACK, GET THE PATCH FROM THE UPDATES LINK.
- -----IMPORTANT NOTE ON SAVES FROM THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY-----
- If you wish to re-use your old save files for the remaster, save your \save folder somewhere and copy it in the remaster folder.
- The images for the save files won't show up, but the saves themselves will work fine.
- -----IMPORTANT NOTE ON SIDE STORIES-----
- In order to use side stories within the remaster, you need to run the sidestoryupscaler.exe file you can find in the mod folder. It should be there if you have recently downloaded the remaster, if it isn't, just download the sidestory.zip file you can find in the updates link and extract it to your "mod" folder.
- Simply run the executable and follow the instructions. Do note that it has some requirements in order to run - installers for those are included.
- -----IMPORTANT NOTE ON NG+ SPECIFICALLY-----
- NG+, being a total conversion mod (link is ecstasywastaken.blogspot.com if you've somehow never heard of it) requires its own special upscaling thingy. It's in the NG+ upscaler folder, alongside a readme which explains its functionality more in-depth (One quick note: running it again for a patch that's just text files will only take a couple minutes, as the images won't be upscaled. If you apply a new "full" build however, everything will be upscaled again).
- Note that it requires the visual C++ redistributable 2015, can be found in the mod folder of the remaster as vc.exe. Also CUDA is required to use GPU acceleration - run cuda.exe also in the mod folder.
- If you don't trust running a random exe you downloaded (which, to be fair, you shouldn't) the source code for both sidestoryupscaler.exe and NG+ upscaler.exe can be found here:
- Also, if either of the upscalers gives you a missing .dll error (and you've ran vc.exe) apparently installing visual studio c++ redistributable 2013 might fix it (despite that not being listed as a dependency but whatever).
- If you need a video tutorial for how to use the NG+ upscaler, here it is: https://youtu.be/ui5pBTTMMHA
- 1080p: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CKX3mF_sYaLnMGMN09uPjGDy9WgSfgLC
- 720p: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Dcypl699PePZMbFkqN_Domn-rBiGaf9s
- Updates: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lq7JRFPOwtGnBAQAbCp4AsN9c34027UH
RAW Paste Data