a guest Jan 20th, 2020 9 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Hi - I have a few questions:
- 1. It does not seem possible to generate a map with all of my Ancestors on it. There is no "Ancestor view" within the geography tool (only a descendant view). I have tried applying an all events filter subsequently limited to ancestors of PID but because the Ancestor filter tools are not supposed to be available in the Geography area, it doesn't work. There just doesn't seem to be any way of achieving this. That's annoying, as we everybody comes off a signficant number of different lines of blood relatves. Is there any way of currently doing this by the back door please?
- 2. I'm finding that data coming in from Ancestry.org.uk is erroring and there are errors within reports that are generated (particularly in the text based reports generated and their notes area. Line not recognised etc. Can anyone shed any light on this please?
- 3. Has anybody assessed how much data loss there is between tree version 1 that is downloaded from Ancestry.org.uk, tree version 1a that is edited in GRAMPS and then tree version 1c that is uploaded back to Ancestry.org.uk with locations fixed?
- 4. Is there any way of adding an extra header within the places view for telephone area code and partial postcode? Is there any way of automating the process of picking these up please?
- 5. With the place completion lookup tool, will it replace place names that I have manually edited or merge places it considers similar - I am scared to use it (and could it help any with question 4 above)?
- Thanks and Kind Regards,
RAW Paste Data