a guest Oct 20th, 2019 104 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- # Overview
- I want to build an app called NomNoms. The concept is basically: Yelp, but for individual menu items instead of the restaurant itself. It will be a way for users to search for, for example, best burgers/tacos/falafels, etc, in their vicinity.
- ## MVP
- As a demo product, the vision will be scaled back significantly.
- - A user can register for an account and become an authenticated user
- - An authenticated user can rate and add description for individual food items that they have tried.
- - The rated item will be associated with their account
- - The user will have the option to let their rating/description be private or public
- - The app will likely limit food items to a few categories in its initial implementation (ie, burgers, tacos, pizza, falafels)
- - Users are presented a list of nearby restaurants or they may search for restaurants, and they will associate their food item with that restaurant
- - A non-authenticated user can peruse the public reviews and sort by lowest/highest/newest reviews
- ## Stretch Goals
- - Users can save items from the public list that they would like to try
- - More categories for food items, perhaps beverage items (cocktails, cappucinos, etc)
- - Responsive map, sort by "nearest to me", maybe city-based versions ie nyc.nomnoms
- ## Tech Stack
- - React front-end
- - Node/Express back-end
- - PostgreSQL database
- - Zomato public API will provide the resource of restaurants
- ## Ramblings and Considerations
- - Unfortunately most versions of nomnom.com or omnomnom.com or similar seem to be taken
- - Instead of stars or likes, users will give items "noms", and they can "nom-inate" new items
RAW Paste Data