- Canon’s Devious Little Tool
- Dear citizens of the internet. It has come to our attention that a big name corporation has gone beyond its boundaries as it has developed a “Software Tool” that can access your networks and decrypt your network keys no matter the encryption!
- Canon has a line of wireless printers which any consumer can purchase. For these wireless devices there are support sites set up by Canon to help customers download and install drivers for these wireless devices to operate and communicate with your computers. Upon setting up these drivers one tool came to our attention. “Canon PIXMA Wireless Setup Assistant / File Name: CanonAPChkTool_win210en.exe 1.03MB”. When you run this file it extracts another, this file name here: “CNMNPHLP.EXE”. This can be downloaded publicly and worldwide here: http://tinyurl.com/655eh8k on Canon’s websites.
- What does this all mean and what can this file do you ask? Like our last article on Rogers and their negligent ways of operation. They ultimately give any technical representative the ability to access and view your network key characters by means of decrypting it on their end. This is much worse; Canon has given anyone the ability to do this in a very stealthy way. Your friends, your relationships, your competition and your enemies can now just plug in their storage device pretend to view an email for distraction and one click later you have been compromised!
- This tool enables you to confirm the network key (actual characters) and access point name. These two items are required when using the device in a wireless connection.
- Here is an example:
- (Refer to our Wordpress: http://anoncorpwatch.wordpress.com/ )
- The Canon “License Agreement” states:
- “CANON U.S.A.,Inc. SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ERRORS CONTAINED HEREIN, OR FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ACTING ON INFORMATION, OR THE OPERATION OF ANY SOFTWARE, INCLUDED IN THIS SOFTWARE SITE.”
- This isn’t good enough! Ultimately anyone can download this tool and store it on a digital storage drive such as a USB key, SD Card, Online storage, Smartphone etc. All one has to do is run this tool and instantly gain access to your network by decrypting they key and displaying the actual key characters. This tool even offers a “Copy Network Key” button! This software is too dangerous and reckless to be widely available to the world. As the CyberWar intensifies, we find ourselves going out of our way trying to protect our online anonymity. This tool instantly removes any measure you have taken to protect your internet network connection(s). Whether you have a short key or an extra-long security key, this little tool decrypts it all in one click! Worst part is you don’t have to own a Canon product in order to download it and use it.
- What to do next? We ask you all to bring attention to this issue and ask that Canon removes this tool from all its sites immediately. We ask them to implement other means of connecting their hardware wirelessly in a less invasive and negligent way. Help us bring attention to this article and spread it around for people of the world to learn about their network and online security.
- We Are Anonymous Corporate Watchers… Expect Us!
- Twitter: @AnonCorpWatch / #AnonCorpWatch WordPress: http://anoncorpwatch.wordpress.com/
Canon’s Devious Little Tool
a guest Sep 14th, 2011 3,615 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data