Support Position for Oracle Products Running on VMWare
TheFluffyAdmin Mar 28th, 2017 79 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Support Position for Oracle Products Running on VMWare Virtualized Environments (Doc ID 249212.1)
- Click to add to Favorites Support Position for Oracle Products Running on VMWare Virtualized Environments (Doc ID 249212.1) To BottomTo Bottom
- APPLIES TO:
- Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 and later
- Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
- Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
- Oracle Database Gateway for DRDA - Version 10.2.0.3 and later
- Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
- Information in this document applies to any platform.
- SCOPE: This note applies to all Oracle products but we have no easy way of adding all of them to the header.
- *** Checked for currency: 10-JUL-2013 ***
- Explain to customers how Oracle supports our products when running on VMware
- Scope & Application
- For Customers running Oracle products on VMware virtualized environments.
- No limitation on use or distribution.
- Support Status for VMware Virtualized Environments
- Oracle has not certified any of its products on VMware virtualized
- environments. Oracle Support will assist customers running Oracle products
- on VMware in the following manner: Oracle will only provide
- support for issues that either are known to occur on the native OS, or
- can be demonstrated not to be as a result of running on VMware.
- If a problem is a known Oracle issue, Oracle support will recommend the
- appropriate solution on the native OS. If that solution does not work in
- the VMware virtualized environment, the customer will be referred to VMware
- for support. When the customer can demonstrate that the Oracle solution
- does not work when running on the native OS, Oracle will resume support,
- including logging a bug with Oracle Development for investigation if required.
- If the problem is determined not to be a known Oracle issue, we will refer
- the customer to VMware for support. When the customer can demonstrate
- that the issue occurs when running on the native OS, Oracle will resume
- support, including logging a bug with Oracle Development for investigation
- if required.
- NOTE: Oracle has not certified any of its products on VMware. For Oracle RAC, Oracle will only
- accept Service Requests as described in this note on Oracle RAC 220.127.116.11 and later
RAW Paste Data