Pokemon Yellow Ash% FAQ
Exarion Dec 23rd, 2018 (edited) 3,480 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Pokemon Yellow Ash% FAQ
- Q: What are you trying to do?
- A: Beat Pokemon Yellow just like Ash from the anime! Here are the rules for this meme category: https://pastebin.com/zAgZb90Y
- Q: What are you playing on?
- A: A GameCube using a GameBoy Player.
- Q: What is the world record?
- A: 7:13:37 by me. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwMIfzy3vdM
- Q: Why aren't you using RNG manipulation?
- A: It would make the category much less interesting and fun. Imagine doing the same Tauros manip 29 times in a row.
- Q: Didn't Ash catch 30 Tauros instead of 29?
- A: This is debatable. It doesn't really matter.
- Q: But Ash didn't beat the Elite Four! This isn't real Ash%!
- A: OK.
- Q: What's the general strategy for this run?
- A: Use Butterfree until Charmander, then use the Charmander evolution line to beat the game. You can't evolve Charmander until after you've gotten 6 badges (as that unlocks the Primeape catching area), so it's quite challenging. See my notes for more details: https://pastebin.com/dgxkdXzF
- Q: Why not use something better than Charmander?
- A: Your options are limited. And you have to get Charizard anyway, and there's no fast way to do this without using it as the main battler.
RAW Paste Data