Litho bug explanation for refresh gesture and workarounds
- Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly.
- It's a known issue as it's a litho bug explained below.
- >Litho has its own implementation of RecyclerView (it's used as a parent group for multiple listings inside it since it can recycle view layout and consume less memory) and Swipe-to-refresh layout. For whatever reason, when the height of the first item in RecyclerView is set to 0, Swipe-to-refresh breaks. This can be fixed if the first element is set to the height of 1 instead of 0. I've created a sample repo that contains everything needed to reproduce the bug: https://github.com/X1nto/LithoRecyclerSample
- https://github.com/X1nto/LithoRecyclerSample/blob/master/app/src/main/java/com/xinto/srltest/CardGroupSpec.java here everything is commented out
- **Workarounds to fix it:**
- 1. If comments are disabled, enable them back again.
- 2. Tap on any suggestions/filters on top of the home tab and pull down to refresh will start to work
- 3. Try force stopping app and try again.
- 4. Disable General ad removal
- 5. Downgrade back to v15.40.
- Please wait patiently until it gets resolved by Google. Nothing can be done on vanced's end.
RAW Paste Data Copied