systems_architect Aug 5th, 2019 92 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- To finish the exercise:
- - [Previously:] You wrote down those five of your gifts which other people call out
- all the time.
- - Now write down the opposite of each item you previously wrote.
- - The person _this second list describes_ is your shadow.
- - So: Visualize that person. What do they look like? Can you see them in your mind's eye?
- - When this person is completely shut out, they will burst out.
- - This can cause unwanted pain, embarrassment, and it could even cost you your life.
- - You may end up inadvertently hurting someone, by criticizing them when you see in them
- your own shadow.
- - So: How can you periodically make some space for that person to manifest in your
- life, without giving up your greatest gifts?
- - I could [...] more often
- - During the day, I could ask myself if I need to just [...] now
- - Consider giving that person a voice. In your journal, write out a conversation
- with that person. Or use other means to let them talk to you.
- - This is a powerful exercise of the intuition. It's not for everybody. But I hope it
- works for you.
- - It is important to pay attention to your shadow. Not to "fix" it, not to "become" it,
- but to just give it some light attention. To learn to hold its hand a bit, to let it
- in. Not to let it steal the show, but to let it in.
- - When you're done, remember that you can always fall back on your core strengths. They
- are core strengths for a reason! There is no reason to think they are dumb, or old, or
- uncool. You are you, and that's where much of your luck will come from in life.
- Speaking of which: I hope you learned something, and good luck!
- -- Marc Carson, Life Coach, www.marccarsoncoaching.com
RAW Paste Data