- (A/N: Thread on /mlp/ with this [http://i.imgur.com/xWzu3jB.png] as the image, so here's a little short story for you)
- >IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
- >Well it was a month ago anyway
- >But it's always the thought that counts right?
- >"S-so what do you think?"
- >You glance around the kitchen, and what you see honestly makes you consider calling the rest of the Mane 6 to the little kitchen to banish whatever monster was surely growing there
- >Flour scattered around counters, a stick of butter jutting out from where it looked that it had been thrown at the fridge
- >Through some arcane secrets never to be understood by mortal minds, she had even managed to get icing on the lights
- >You pinch the bridge of your nose and inhale deeply before you speak
- "How did you even know it was my birthday? I haven't told anyo-- pony, whatever."
- >She blushes and looks down, still smiling sheepishly
- >"Well remember when I enchanted that magical, glowing rectangle to absorb energy from the sun? I maybe kinda sorta....figuredouthowtouseitfirstandlookedthroughallyourstuff."
- >Your eyes widen, you'd never taken Twilight to be the kind to snoop
- >Oh gods, had she seen...?
- >No, no it was all hidden with inconspicuous file names, it was fine
- >"I-I'm really sorry Anon! But what do you think of the cake, it's good right?"
- >You stare at the lumpy mass surrounded by the magenta aura of her telekinesis
- >The icing was uneven everywhere, the candles jutted out at random angles, the entire thing looked like it would collapse at any minute
- >It was a terrible attempt, possibly the worst cake you'd seen in your admittedly short life
- >You think back to your own birthdays
- >So many moves that you had never made any close friends to celebrate with
- >Parents so busy that the most you'd get was lunch if you were lucky, and a note if you weren't
- >It was the first time that someone had taken time out of their life to do anything like this for you
- >You choked back the growing lump in your throat just so you could speak, though your voice still cracked
- "What do I think? What do I THINK?"
- >Twilight cringed back, covering her head with her hooves and bracing herself for a tirade that would make even Gordon Ramsey blush
- >But it never came
- >Instead she was wrapped in a hug that threatened to crush her, given by a creature that a year before had terrified every inhabitant of the land
- "It's the best thing I've ever seen. Ten out of ten, Twilight."
- >She hesitated, then hugged you back
- >The silence lasted a while, the candles on the cake burned down, and the embrace stayed just as warm as when it had started
- >Twilight was the first to break the silence
- >"S-so I saw all those pictures too and...y-you like socks, right Anon?"
- >Today was a good day
RAW Paste Data Copied