Terrorist Content Online Regulation - Mailtemplate English
- Dear Sir or Madam,
- I turn to you to present my views on the Terrorist Content Online Regulation (TCO), and there in particular on - Article 6: Upload Filter / "Proactive Measures" which will be discussed in the Sixth Trilogue on 12 or 13/11/2020.
- As a citizen, I naturally want a world without terror and extremist views. Extremist content on online platforms should also be condemned.
- However, upload filters and the measures envisaged in Article 6 are not effective. Preventing uploads does not eliminate the problem, but merely combats the symptoms.
- My main points of criticism
- 1. terror is not prevented but hidden
- 2. massive collateral damage to freedom of opinion, press, research and teaching
- 3. penalising small platforms and preventing innovation (Which start-up can react within an hour? Disproportionate!)
- I do not want the next generation to grow up in a world of terror, but even less do I want us to have to live in a world where such nonsensical laws and rules hinder or censor the economy, free speech, the press and research.
- I therefore ask you to do everything possible for the citizens of the EU to prevent any kind of upload filters.
- With best regards
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
RAW Paste Data Copied