a guest Oct 10th, 2019 137 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- • Activision Blizzard: banned player for supporting HK democracy protest. Confiscated all his winnings. Fired his interviewers. Apologized to China: condemned incident, swore to defend China's national dignity
- • Apple: censor Taiwan flag emoji in iOS in HK
- • Apple: banned HK protest map from App Store. Approved app after backlash. Banned app once again after China hissy fit
- • Apple: removed from China App Store news app that covered HK protest
- • Vans: censor pro-HK democracy design in its shoe design competition
- • NBA (partial entry): rebuked Rockets manager for his pro-HK tweet, saying NBA was "extremely disappointed with Morey's inappropriate comment." Backpedalled after backlash, now saying they support Morey's freedom of speech.
- • Disney / ESPN: forbid mention of Chinese politics when discussing Rockets manager's HK tweet
- • Viacom / Paramount: censor Taiwan flag from the jacket worn by Tom Cruise in new "Top Gun" movie
- • Disney / Marvel: censored Tibetan monk from "Doctor Strange" & turned him into white woman. Movie screenwriter: "if you acknowledge that Tibet is a place & that he’s Tibetan, you risk alienating one billion people who think that that’s bullshit".
- • ASICS, Calvin Klein, Coach, Fresh, Givenchy, Pocari Sweat, Valentino, Versace, Swarovski: details here
- • Marriott: apologized & changed "Taiwan" to "Taiwan, China" after China threw a hissy fit
- • Nike: removed Houston Rockets products from China webstore
- • Activision Blizzard: cut livestream when American U team held up pro-HK sign.
- • Apple: handed over iCloud data & encryption keys to China
- • Cathay Pacific: fired employees for FB posts supporting HK protests.
- • Apple: minimized the seriousness of iOS exploits that enabled China to track Uyghurs, when 1M+ of them are rounded up by China in concentration camps
- • Google: censored pro-HK game "The Revolution of Our Times" from Google Play because it was about a "sensitive event".
- • Gap: apologized for selling T-shirts IN CANADA that didn't include Taiwan as part of China
- • Tiffany: removed tweet showing model covering 1 eye after China accused it of supporting HK
- • Marriott: fired employee who liked tweet from Tibetan group
- • Mercedes: apologized for quoting Dalai Lama on Instagram
- • American, Delta, United: deleted mention of Taiwan as a country from websites
- • Audi: apologized for using "incorrect" map of China that left off Taiwan
- • Muji: destroyed store catalogs that contain "incorrect" map of China
- • Zara: apologized for listing Taiwan as country
- • Medtronic: apologized for publishing "illegal content" that listed "Republic of China (Taiwan)" as country
- • Ray-Ban: changed "Taiwan" & "Hongkong" to "China Taiwan" & "China Hongkong"
- • Qantas, Air France, Air Canada, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Japan Airlines, ANA: changed "Taiwan" to "Taiwan China"
- • TikTok: censor videos that mention Tiananmen Square, Tibetan independence, Falun Gong
- • Sheraton: banned Taiwan National Day event under China pressure
- • Disney: removed non-white characters from Chinese poster of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”
- • Philly Sixers: ejected fans for supporting HK
- • Princeton: don't talk about 3 Ts: Tibet, Tiananmen, Taiwan
- • Leica: released ad on Tiananmen protest. Apologized & distanced itself from ad
- • Reddit: took $150M from Tencent. Removed thread like this
- • Rockhampton, Queensland: censored Taiwan flag in student project
- • Cisco: helped build Great Firewall including module to persecute Falun Gong
- • MGM: changed Red Dawn's villain from China to N Korea to placate China
- • Global Blue: fired staff for calling Taiwan a country
- • L'Oréal / Lancôme: canceled HK artist concert for her pro-democracy activism
- • US universities: self-censor in fear of offending China
- • Disney: block Winnie the Pooh website in HK
RAW Paste Data