About the #ShadowBrokers crowdfunding
x0rz Jun 1st, 2017 3,201 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
- Hash: SHA1
- Due to legal reasons I'm now retracting from the crowdfunding started to
- acquire the #ShadowBrokers dump.
- Bitcoins at 1Crowd7HcL54mfHdkgwBDaCP8hegirqra2 shall be refunded given you can
- cryptographically prove the transaction is yours (drop me an e-mail).
- All the remaining bitcoins will be given away to the EFF within the next days.
- It's been very interesting to see all the debate on Twitter, the infosec
- community is filled with smart people with good intentions, so props to you
- guys ;-)
- I personally expect the Shadow Brokers to release the dump because that's their
- agenda. They are not here for the money and are really just seeking media
- coverage, as we previously witnessed.
- What we tried with @hackerfantastic was a bet we could somehow get early access
- to help vendors and open-source software fix the bugs before any public
- release, that means making the 0days a little less toxic that it could have
- been if released (from 0day to 1day, still powerful but less efficient).
- I guess now we should only spectate what will happen next, like we did before.
- It's unfortunate but that's the way it ought to be, we just can't play at this
- game between (*cough* allegedly) powerful countries.
- Again, it was very interesting talking with all regarding this crowdfunding. As
- it is new territory we should be very cautious, hence my retraction from this
- -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
- Version: GnuPG v1
- -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
RAW Paste Data