Ponies are cool yet, p5
May 1st, 2013
- (continued from http://pastebin.com/G6zBH213)
- I mentally sighed. Peter had never been one to accept anything remotely related to the supernatural, so it would take some time to convince him there was something to our (probably) identical dreams. “Yes. Like I said before, I had this weird dream last night.”
- Peter raised an eyebrow. “so, normally your dreams are normal? Unlike anyone else’s dreams?”
- I shook my head, only to shift to nodding as I went. “Yes! I mean, no, but this was weird in its weirdness!”
- Peter gave me a deadpan stare. “Still not helping your case, man. You’re sounding like ya had a bad trip at best.”
- I sighed, facepalming as I tried to find a better way to express things. “Look. Most of the time, when you wake up, you can’t recall for the life of you what you dreamt last night, right?”
- Peter nodded silently.
- “Right! Well, I can recall every moment of last night’s dream. That alone is weird, right?”
- Peter nodded again, though he looked as if he was expecting me to blame the entire thing on aliens from beyond the furthest star.
- “And on the phone, you said you had the same dream, right?”
- “Look, man, I said I had a dream that sounded like yours. It doesn’t mean a thing!” Peter finished his line forcefully.
- I shook my head, desperately trying to come up with a way to prove the dreams were connected. “OK, then, how about you tell me your dream, and I tell you when you have something different from my dream?”
- Peter gave me a deadpan stare. “That would mean, ya could just shut your mouth the entire time and claim that’s your ‘evidence.’ No deal.”
- I was getting a little annoyed now. “Fine, other way around then! I tell you my dream, and you say how far off I am!”
- “Still no deal. I can’t see what ya saw, so it wouldn’t mean a thing if I agreed with ya!”
- “-colors unseen, so sorry...”
- We both looked at Jason, who seemed to be half-asleep now, occasionally mumbling as he shuddered on the couch he was lying on.
- “...That proves nothing,” Peter said after a few moments of stunned silence.
- “-betrayed, so many colors...”
- “Still sounds much like what I saw.” I replied after another one of Jason’s frightened mutterings.
- Peter shot me a glare. “Your friend is shuddering in fear, and all ya care about is your fucking dream!?”
- “-shouldn’t have happened...”
- I shrunk back. What can you say after such an accusation?
- Peter in the meantime showed a side of him I didn’t see often, as he gently hugged Jason’s shivering body.
- “she didn’t mean to, the colors...”
- “shhh... don’t worry, you’re safe...”
- Peter held Jason for a little while longer, until he stopped mumbling.
- “...ya best leave now. We’ll talk about this later.”
- I silently nodded, before making to the door.
- “And Anon? Keep in mind what’s real, would ya?” Peter said as I left his apartment.
- I sighed as I got on my bike again. Guess someone had to be the asshole today, might as well have been me.
Please, Sign In to add comment