How to quickly set up Pokeruby
Lunos Feb 6th, 2018 (edited) 97 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- This guide was wrote by Lunos the 06 of February from 2018.
- Useful Links:
- Cygwin's installer: https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
- devkitPro: https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/latest/download
- 1) Download Cygwin's installer.
- 2) Run it, next, next, next until you get to the packages selection screen.
- 3) Where it says "View", select "Full". Then find the packages "git" and "make" using the search bar.
- 4) Download and install devkitPro.
- 5) Go to C:\cygwin64\home\\(USER) and open the file ".bashrc" with a text editor.
- 6) Add these 2 lines at the end of the file:
- export DEVKITPRO=/cygdrive/c/devkitPro
- export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITPRO/devkitARM
- 7) Go to C:\cygwin64\bin and run mintty.exe
- 8) Execute cd and press enter.
- 9) git clone http://www.github.com/pret/pokeruby --recursive
- 10) Once it's done, execute: git clone http://www.github.com/pret/pokeruby-tools --recursive
- 11) Once it's done, close Mintty and go to C:\cygwin64\home\\(USER)\pokeruby-tools and grab the "tools" folder.
- 12) Paste it in C:\cygwin64\home\\(USER)\Pokeruby
- 13) Go to C:\cygwin64\bin, run mintty.exe and execute: cd
- 14) Then execute cd pokeruby
- 15) Then execute make
- 16) Wait.
- Protip: Instead of make alone, you can also use "make -jN".
- "N" would be the number of cores from your CPU that you want to dedicate to the building task in order to speed things up.
RAW Paste Data