a guest Jan 27th, 2019 70 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- MIRIAM: So, if we can't ever leave, then let's figure out how to stay.
- JOEL: Midge, come on.
- MIRIAM: We were on a path. We were heading somewhere. We were almost there.
- JOEL: I know.
- MIRIAM: It was just that night at the club. That's it. I if that hadn't have
- JOEL: It happened.
- MIRIAM: But I don't understand. I don't understand why we can't work it out.
- There has to be a way.
- JOEL: There's not.
- MIRIAM: Don't say that. I love you, Joel.
- JOEL: I love you, too.
- MIRIAM: I am in love with you. So deeply in love with you.
- JOEL: You're killing me, Midge.
- MIRIAM: We can do this. We can figure this out. I can figure this out. I can
- figure anything out. I am amazing.
- JOEL: I know you are, you don't have to tell me any of this.
- MIRIAM: So then, why? Why? Tell me why.
- JOEL: Because for us to be together, you'd have to give it up.
- MIRIAM: What? Stand-up?
- JOEL: I can't be in a marriage where my wife is going off and talking about me
- to a room full of strangers. Talking about my faults, my mistakes, my failures.
- MIRIAM: Y---you don't understand, the whole point is you go off and talk about
- your life.
- JOEL: No, no, no, I do understand. I understand completely. I know you have to
- talk about your life. That's why you're good, 'cause you're honest. It's real,
- it's authentic. It's everything I wasn't up there. I get it. I just can't live
- with it. I wish I could. Maybe another man could, but I just can't be a joke.
- MIRIAM: You are not a joke.
- JOEL: Do you want to quit?
- MIRIAM: No.
- JOEL: I don't want you to quit either. You're too good. So you see where I'm
- going here? Follow me down the road. If you're not gonna stop, I can't be there
- for it. Now why are you in France?
- MIRIAM: Long story.
- JOEL: I'd like to hear it sometime.
- MIRIAM: I love you.
- JOEL: I love you, too, honey. And you're gonna be okay.
RAW Paste Data