Fallout: Beyond Equestria 213: ...To Roam (Part 15)
Scorch_Mechanic Feb 22nd, 2017 90 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- [2017-02-15 13:37:41] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Fallout: Beyond Equestria, Session Two Hundred and Thirteen: ...To Roam (Part 15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PPtEHWDca8&list=PL6lMYzCrh4VGBe86gFxsx3pNx06v5W78e
- [2017-02-15 13:40:49] <Mare-Do-Well> 3The group has divided, prepared to take on their tasks. First to descend into the darkened city is Shatara, along with the two zebras. They are armed with several possible locations of zebra alchemists that they are intent on scouting. In the darkness and the rain, it should be easy to keep out of sight so long as they avoid the few brightly lit streets.
- [2017-02-15 13:41:18] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Meanwhile, several of the others prepare to brave the ancient catacombs of Roam.
- [2017-02-15 13:41:40] <Mare-Do-Well> 3--- Session Begins ---
- [2017-02-15 13:44:40] * Get_Lost is very brave. in fact, she installed bravery default on her cyberbrain and went into total retirement
- [2017-02-15 13:49:06] <Mare-Do-Well> 3The three below navigate the back alleys of Roam. Shatara's PipBuck carries the map, so he is in the lead. Jugeote follows close by him. Mwana takes up the rear.
- [2017-02-15 13:57:18] * Get_Lost switches between her various sensors trying to help the group avoiding unnecessary dangers
- [2017-02-15 14:09:09] * Shatara carefully moves through the streets, doing his best to keep track of the map while not doing burrying himself in his pipbuck.
- [2017-02-15 14:11:28] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Shatara and the zebras approach the nearest location. It is... or was... the corner shop wedged between the pillars of a somewhat larger building that faced a small stoa. According to Mare-Do-Well, the interior looked similar to Zecora's hut. But from the outside, the building is boarded up.
- [2017-02-15 14:11:38] * Bookwright is worrying, despite his declared intention not to do so. "Should have bought a stealthbuck. Darnit! Obviously sneaking around was going to happen. Ooooh, I am not looking forward to this."
- [2017-02-15 14:12:35] * Get_Lost dhrugs "oh don't worry: if they find us, we will just tell them that it's our first day at job"
- [2017-02-15 14:12:56] <Get_Lost> *work
- [2017-02-15 14:15:03] * Shatara eyes the building suspiciously. "Looks like it could be someone who doesnt want to be found...that could be very good,or very bad..."
- [2017-02-15 14:22:20] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote nods to Shatara. "We should take a look, shouldn't we?"
- [2017-02-15 14:23:15] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Mwana trots about, looking to see if there is a back entrance or a window that looks accessable.
- [2017-02-15 14:31:18] * Shatara nods. "Yeah, I don't think we can afford not to...even if they'd be none too happy to have company..." He joins in trying to find some discreet entry. "Might be some kind of illegal potion lab or something..." He blinks, and glances at his companions. "But then I'm hanging out with a pair of literal pirates, what do I have to worry about...?"
- [2017-02-15 14:46:42] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote flashes Shatara a pirate smile.
- [2017-02-15 14:46:56] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Mwana continues to look for ways in.
- [2017-02-15 14:49:18] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote aids in looking. After disappearing for a bit, she comes trotting back. "I found the way in."
- [2017-02-15 14:49:23] * Bookwright is still nervous about going down into the catacombs, but he's ready, and says so. "
- [2017-02-15 14:50:04] * Get_Lost "so... i probably missed something... once we are IN the catacombs, how do we get derpy out?"
- [2017-02-15 14:50:51] <Mare-Do-Well> 3"There is a cellar door on the building across the stoa," she informs Shatara and Mwana. "The basement wall has been taken out, creating a passage. There's a locked gate."
- [2017-02-15 14:52:08] * Shatara snaps out of staring at sexy stripeypirate. "Oh! Uh...right. Good. Anyone around, does it seem?"
- [2017-02-15 14:56:42] * Noble_Heart frowns and taps her chin. "The defenders of the Catacombs may be able to solve that problem for us. Though We are uncertain. They were the ones who released Us. We were found there, by a patrolling robot. Miss Doo chose to hide when it was nearby. We suspect that they are not likely to be appreciative of ghouls."
- [2017-02-15 14:58:36] * Get_Lost "oh... racist guardians. that happens a lot... i guess we will have to whine our way out of them. i'm sure that if we get annoying enough, they will let us go with whatever we want"
- [2017-02-15 15:03:26] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote shakes her head. "Although some stripe could be sleeping in there."
- [2017-02-15 15:09:59] * Bookwright "Maybe we could explain carefully why we need to leave with her in tow. Or just blast the robot I guess. Um... A trail of breadcrumbs? Come out the way we came in?"
- [2017-02-15 15:11:28] * Get_Lost "beg for help is probably our best chance, if we go big on begging"
- [2017-02-15 15:13:26] * Noble_Heart frowns. "We suggest asking their aid. We have done them a favor. They know of Us. And We have returned to you the PipBuck that they gave to Us. It should prove your relation."
- [2017-02-15 15:14:12] * Get_Lost "yeah, what she said! and if they refuse, we try again with less dignity!"
- [2017-02-15 15:16:21] * Shatara fidgets. "Should we try knocking? Or would we need the super secret seedy password? Or maybe move on and come back later?"
- [2017-02-15 15:23:59] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote translates for Mwana. They discuss, then Jugeote tells Shatara, "Your choice. Is is your group's plan. Personally, I'd try to get by the lock. Either by lockpicking, plasma weapon or hellhound... whichever is most handy." The time she's spent around Mitzi is showing.
- [2017-02-15 15:24:19] * Mitzi nods. "Locks eez easy."
- [2017-02-15 15:24:54] <Mitzi> [ignore that]
- [2017-02-15 15:34:08] * Shatara hmms. "Well, we don't exactly have best can opener here with us...I guess you could try to pick it, if you think you can...but I'm pretty sure we're looking for some*one* to help us, so I'm not sure if just looting the place will be very helpful..."
- [2017-02-15 15:37:35] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote nods.
- [2017-02-15 15:39:10] <Mare-Do-Well> 3"Sorry. Thinking like a pirate." She gives a sheepish grin. "We could try knocking. But if this stripe took the effort to hide where they are, they might react... poorly."
- [2017-02-15 15:40:57] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote confers with Mwana. Then turns back to Shatara. "We could just skip this and go to the next on the map. But Mwana thinks there is a good chance we've gotten lucky and found who we want... that is, if we can make peaceful contact. After all, if they are hiding, then they are probably hiding from the Caesar and her Legion."
- [2017-02-15 15:41:33] <Mare-Do-Well> 3"That means they may be the sort willing to help out pirates." She frowns, adding, "Or, as you said, this could be really bad."
- [2017-02-15 15:42:49] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Up above, Mare-Do-Well pauses to note, "I still can't believe *Ditzy Doo* is the big hero of Equestria."
- [2017-02-15 15:45:40] * Shatara ponders quietly for a moment. "Does Caesar work with griffons often?
- [2017-02-15 15:58:18] * Bookwright "Well, if you think they'll help us... I guess there's nothing left to do but help Ditzy Doo."
- [2017-02-15 15:58:40] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote frowns, unsure. "Not to my knowledge. The Legion doesn't use them for mercenaries, even though they have offered."
- [2017-02-15 16:07:12] * Shatara nods. "Well, we probably won't be mistaken for the authorities, then, at least. Guess we try knocking..."
- [2017-02-15 16:10:48] * Noble_Heart beats her wings briefly. "We are uncertain if they will help or not. But We are certain that their leader does not hold supreme loyalty to the Caesar. It was he who instructed Us to flee during their daily love."
- [2017-02-15 16:10:49] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote nods. Then leads Shatara and Mwana down into the cellar across the stoa. The room is dusty, with several crates and a wine rack that still has several bottles, some decorated in cobwebs. Shatara and Mwana can see where Jugeote slid aside a loading trolley stacked with boxes to reveal a wall that looks like it had a violent run-in with a supersledge
- [2017-02-15 16:12:56] <Mare-Do-Well> 3The hole leads to a segment of the old Roam sewer that has collapsed at both ends. The only other exit from the stonework tunnel is a recessed door, visible on the other side of a locked wrought-iron gate.
- [2017-02-15 16:14:21] <Mare-Do-Well> 3"Roam has a ton of these old sewer segments," Jugeote notes. "Between them, the buried parts of Old Roam, and the catacombs, there's almost more city beneath the ground than above it."
- [2017-02-15 16:15:36] <Mare-Do-Well> 3"My father was a smuggler. Used the old sewer passages on the south end to carry restricted goods."
- [2017-02-15 16:23:14] * Shatara oohs quietly,following the stripeypones in, glancing around and hoping there's enough room to move if things go south. "So what do we say? 'Hay guiez wanna help depose the evil bugqueen?'?"
- [2017-02-15 16:31:10] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Mwana looks askance as Jugeote translates. She replies, "Probably not... then again, why not?"
- [2017-02-15 16:32:37] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote clangs a hoof repeatedly on the gate. The rattle of metal is loud in the undercity tunnel.
- [2017-02-15 16:39:44] <Mare-Do-Well> 3After several very long minutes, the door at the other end of the tunnel opens. And a zebra rifle floats out, held in a weak lavender glow.
- [2017-02-15 16:41:31] <Mare-Do-Well> 3It is followed by the head of a unicorn filly, her horn glowing. From her height, and her gangly legs, she appears in her mid-teens. She sees the trio and speaks, fear pervading her attempt to sound fearsome.
- [2017-02-15 16:43:43] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote replies, and a few more words are exchanged. Then she turns to Shatara. "Not 'very bad'... but very unusual. I think the stripes here is, or was, harboring an Equestrian. Either that, or we've found a pony family... but I can't imagine how that could be. Not in the heart of Roam."
- [2017-02-15 16:49:43] * Shatara pauses in mild surprise at the small unicorn. "Well...there is a zebra town right in the shadow of Canterlot...maybe their story is the other side of that coin..." He cautiously steps forward and speaks up in equestrian. "Are you a pony?"
- [2017-02-15 17:06:27] <Mare-Do-Well> 3The pony looks at Shatara quizzically. Then says something in Imperial zebra that Jugeote translates as, "She says she doesn't speak Aerie." Clearly, she doesn't speak Equestrian either.
- [2017-02-15 17:12:27] * Shatara nods apoligetically and steps back. Zero for two in his linguistic abilities, it'd be best to let the stripes do the talking. "No gunfire yet, at least, so far so good..."
- [2017-02-15 17:14:48] <Mare-Do-Well> 3Jugeote continues to talk with the unicorn filly. Mwana occasionally speaks up as well.
- [2017-02-15 17:14:53] <Mare-Do-Well> 3--- End of Session ---
RAW Paste Data