a guest Apr 19th, 2018 47 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- 00:32 weryllium maybe it's due to all the time you spend around depressed composers
- 00:32 weryllium but i sincerely think that if you focus less on your 'prestige' or 'renown'
- 00:33 weryllium and commit yourself to bettering yourself, and your craft, for you and you alone primarily
- 00:33 weryllium then things will start to work themselves out
- 00:34 weryllium if i may be frank
- 00:35 Mendelssohn Mhm
- 00:36 weryllium you seem to be, whether subconsciously or intentionally, painting yourself in your head as some kind of romantic 'tragic genius' archetype, like your composers
- 00:36 weryllium i will tell you right now
- 00:36 weryllium if you are only doing this in a quest to become a 'well-respected' artist, i dare say you may be doing this for the wrong reasons
- 00:37 weryllium if you truly love art, and making it, and sharing it, and i sense that you do
- 00:38 weryllium then i really suggest you take a little step back, a deep breath, and reflect on /why/ you art. Focus on what drives you. and then come back and do your thing
- 00:38 weryllium and with time, the passion that you bring to your work, the thing that no one can take away from you, will shine through.
- 00:40 Mendelssohn you're not entirely wrong
- 00:40 Mendelssohn granted, i tend to use historical figures as emotional crutches
- 00:40 Mendelssohn so that happens
- 00:41 weryllium i think you need to try to distance yourself from them, a little
- 00:41 weryllium their life stories aren't yours. their struggles aren't yours. not 100%.
- 00:45 Mendelssohn Mmhm
- 00:46 weryllium i consider you a friend, and it really does pain me to see you go through all of this. i know it's hard, but i just want to help you.
RAW Paste Data