DeDeDeDe 31 Notes
SevenFacedBird Mar 13th, 2016 (edited) 86 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I had been holding off to see how Asano handled it, but with chapter 31 there are
- a few things I need to explain just in case they come up in the future.
- Throughout the story I'm sure you've seen the "invaders" speaking in an unintelligible
- language. In various panels throughout the manga there are even strange characters/text
- in the sky. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- 1. The strange alien speech/text looks like morphed/distorted versions of Japanese writing,
- bearing the most resemblance to hiragana.
- 2. When the invaders are shown speaking from the point of view of humans, it uses
- that strange text.
- 3. In chapter 31 when the humans are shown speaking from the point of view of the
- invaders, it uses the same text.
- 4. In chapter 31 it also reveals the name of two of the invaders: Tsutomu and Yuriko.
- These are normal Japanese names.
- I don't know if any of this will matter further along in the story, but it seemed
- important to explain it now so that English readers can notice the same things
- that any average Japanese reader would notice.
- In addition, I tried to be very vague with the language used by the invaders.
- It may seem strange to hear words like "motherland" and what have you, but I didn't
- want to use words like "country" or "planet" because I don't want to be too descriptive
- in case something unexpected is revealed later on in the story. The Japanese is vague as well,
- so it's not as if I'm purposely obscuring things.
RAW Paste Data