- Dr. Olivia Myson. September 5th, 2019. Personal log. No.47.
- I've had trouble sleeping again.
- There's a voice...
- Everyone is stressing the importance of regular rest... Given my illness.
- I'm quarantined, for the foreseeable future. Maybe until the end of the trip.
- I can't abide idle time. I can't just stare at the ceiling.
- So, I've taken on a side project... call it cutting edge, call it crazy.
- but if I can advance it, that might buy me back some goodwill with the company.
- the rest of the crew doesn't know what I'm up to.
- I'm sure they don't care -- and another report submitted.
- The company doesn't concern itself with the human touch.
- They have alarms for every type of report or inspection.
- At first it's just annoying. But after nine months in every alarm is like sandpaper on your nerve endings.
- I mean I would think it was a psychological experiment by the company if... I didn't know better.
- Dialogue: 0,0:01:20.30,0:01:26.50,Default,,0,0,0,,Arigato Trevor-San I am sure we never could remember without. -- Fuck.
- You.. Things you don't think about when you daydream of space travel as a kid, Like of privacy,
- and just how much professional astronauts can get on each other's nerves when crammed into a vessel.
- It's the last leg of this long journey and I mean we're bound to get snippy with each other.
- We were even prepped for that in workshops but...
- I uh, I've been getting static from them, for a while.
- none of them believe me... they whisper "hypochondriac" to each other.
- and it doesn't matter what they believe, the quarantine protocols are stringent, and clear.
- If a crew member suspects they are sick, Quarantine is enforced.
- regardless of the probability they have to go through the motions and that just makes them angrier
- Pretty sure they think I'm making it up.
- I thought it would be the company that came down on me for this... but, they remain cordial.
- They poke and prod me with test after test. they keep plying me with medical questionnaires that... rival the 100 page NDA that got me up here
- Mom Dad. If you listen to some redacted version of this someday... I'm sorry I told you that I was in an undersea lab in the Mariana Trench.
- Test after test comes up negative.
- they say they can't find any physiological ailment... but I mean they will... they've got to. Something is wrong. I can feel it.
- but I'm more than this illness. This side project of mine, I'm near a breakthrough if I can just ...
- my body wants to sleep but my mind is adamant about staying awake
- I can still remember that dream... The darkness.
- Someone keeps repeating something. It's...
- it's just on the tip of my tongue... You know?
- Goodnight Mars. See you soon.
- Dr. Olivia Myson, Navigation Specialist of the Cyrano, signing off.
RAW Paste Data Copied