Eric's War Story is VERY Familiar
ChrisLAS May 15th, 2018 107 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- I came into company via boss I previously worked with.
- Did not know but he hatcheted a bunch of jobs and cut salaries just before my arrival so I was part of the new regime.
- Immediate black sheep.
- The lead sysadmin would blatantly 'forget' to give me access to servers. I followed protocol at first but it became daunting.
- The sysadmin was a huge Unix geek and despised Windows. Fortunately for me, we had some Windows servers and he was a password reuse offender so I cracked his password on unlatched Windows box and gave myself permission to servers when needed to do my job.
- Fast forward 1.5 years when he finally figured it out... Fortunately I had become cool with my new boss and only got slap on the wrist for hacking his password..
RAW Paste Data