Thom Khatt announces stepping down.
a guest Mar 1st, 2016 82 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Publically announced at http://910cmx.com/ - retrieved 2016-03-01T18:17 - archived at http://archive.is/EQ3Uu
- 910CMX has been a large part of my life for a long time now.
- It started off as one webcomic -- The Wotch. And when more and more people congregated around it, it kinda just... grew.
- There have been a lot of good times and bad. A lot of friends made and a lot of enemies. A lot of things I remember and some I wish to forget.
- Which brings me to this:
- This past Saturday, I was moving the server that hosts 910 and the webcomics. Took my time. Had everything prepared. System backed up.
- And then it happened. The server fell over. Not as in "over on its side". It fell down, six feet, hitting me several times on the way.
- The equipment was fine -- except for the hard drives and the backups.
- I am going to be contacting a data repair place to retrieve as much of everything that was on the server as I can. Currently, Robin Ericsonand another friend -- Ben Carver -- are handling retrieving things from other methods.
- But this also brought something else to my attention. In just about a month, I will be hitting 49 years old. Not quite 50. But still pretty danged old. My health isn't that good. I can't walk without using a cane or crutches anymore. I'm in constant pain and am just very tired.
- So, after the long time with 910CMX, I am passing over the reins to Robin. With Ben's help, I'm sure they can do many of the things that we had hoped to do with 910 that we never were under my watch.
- So, for a short while, 910 is down while we get things taken care of. But I hope you all give Robin and Ben yoru support and patience while they do.
- Thank you all for the good times over the years.
- Thomas F. Revor, Jr.
RAW Paste Data