- You are responsible for understanding and following these guidelines. I take academic integrity seriously. I expect you to follow these guidelines.
- From the Student Handbook:
- Academic integrity is an expected trait in all students of ASW and is afforded the utmost value by all members of the faculty. The academic reputation of our students and the school in the wider community depend on it. Academic integrity expectations extend to all assessed and non-assessed school work and to all documentation produced for university and college applications.
- It is the expectation at ASW that all work and documentation submitted by students is entirely their own.
- To ensure that high school students understand what constitutes academic honesty, teachers explicitly address the issue with all students at the start of each academic course.
- Academic integrity means:
- citing appropriately those whose work is used in the preparation of school work completing school work without the input of others whose knowledge of the task might advantage the student unfairly submitting work for assessment that is representative of the student’s own learning and not that of others, individually or collectively maintaining a level of confidentiality and personal ownership of one’s own work, both assessed and non-assessed
- Conversely, academic dishonesty means:
- presenting the work, ideas, words, images, data or arguments of others as one’s own without citation (plagiarism) copying or sharing work with others (unless specifically allowed) in any form (e.g. digitally sharing, downloading, in person) in a way that misrepresents a student’s ability or is intended to mislead the intended audience presenting work as one’s own which has been completed with the assistance of others (such as parents, other students or tutors) in a way that misrepresents a student’s ability making up or altering references, quotations, statistics, etc. (fabrication or falsification)
- When a faculty member determines that there has been a breach of academic integrity, the faculty member is required to inform the Principal of the incident.
RAW Paste Data