a guest Feb 18th, 2020 83 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- INTRODUCTION & WHERE’S WEEKLY UPDATE #2?
- Evening, folks! It’s time for a long-awaited update on all of what’s going on behind the scenes with the main lore and now soon-to-be mini-lore! I want to offer an apology for my silence over the last few months after the creation of that first update post. I fully intended to keep that on-going on the regular, but not long after that release, we got the unfortunate news that the new update wouldn’t be for a pretty decent chunk of time and I started to run into many IRL issues and time got away from me. We, however, are now back and I will be keeping you updated in all things for the foreseeable future! Now … I have a really hefty update for all of you! Let’s get into it.
- THE MINI-LORE
- First up, our on-going project. This has been in production for a few weeks now, and we’re all very hard at work in the creative process for this … I’ll start out by addressing something, I’m fully aware our prior mini-lore’s have not gone over well with most of you for completely valid and understandable reasons. This was my first thing to address, and I think I’ve done it well in the creative process -- we will not be completely reliant on admin controlled enemies, and there will be “optional” things to due during the internment between major events. I, however, will mostly be running this in an episodic format with two major events a week progressing the story.
- That brings us to part two. What will this mini-lore be? Good news, everyone. I have a teaser to drop to get everyone ready to go with character concepts.
- “Carpenter Station, June 25th, 2020.
- Isolated, Maddening, Beautiful. This station is a new and exciting opportunity for many researchers, built in the center of Wilkes Land, Antarctica to collect data on the newly melting permafrost being caused by increased climate change over the past decade. This site, even in its short lifespan, has given birth to several mysterious stories and rumors regarding the region ranging from reports of unusual whispers blending in with the howling winds of storms, shadowy pale figures arriving at the facilities doorstep claiming to be from a station which simply does not exist, or distant figures watching individuals on expeditions. These sorts of stories are not unusual with these sorts of postings with a whole slew of reasons behind them … Could it have been delirium? Or sleep deprivation coming from the monotony and immense isolation that an Antarctic posting offers. The possibilities are endless, but a lingering feeling still dwells throughout the facility … So many what if’s; what if there was truth to the tales, what if those stories of crewmembers delving into madness were not solely due to the isolation, what if there is something more sinister afoot.
- These tales have been ringing in your ears for the last three hours. Some of you might have believed it, some dismissing it as stories manufactured by a bored crew on lonely snowy nights to scare the new fresh faces. You are those new faces, a new crew ranging in skills and talents being brought in for the seasonal changing of the guard and while an aura of uncertainty has whirled through each member of the crew … they are all what if’s, right? Welcome to Carpenter station, your home for the next three months.”
- CUSTOM MAP
- So, I know most of you are going “Whoa, we’re doing ANTARCTICA??? How are we going to do that?”. I am currently working on a fully-fleshed out custom map with Project Zomboid’s map creation tools. I’m sure some of you are of the mindset that creating a full custom-map for a mini-lore is pointless but this experience will help streamline the process of map-creation for our lore’s going forward. It is my hope that I’m able to transfer what I’ve learned here into the next lore with bigger, better and more fleshed out world spaces for everyone. Most of our posts going forward will contain regular updates on the progress of the map, as well as screenshots … I’ll show you my first one here!
- This is approximately how big the map will be, which roughly translates to the size of West Point on the base map. I have already started production on Carpenter Station as a whole, as well as several other unique areas that will be featured on the map. I will also be attempting to include variances to the landscape. This, however, is not a given for this map … I’ll dig into this more in next week’s post with some new screenshots and assets!
- WHAT’S NEXT?
- Directly following this mini-lore, we will be tackling the next main lore. I’m going to go ahead and drop an update on this, a few hurdles were brought up during the initial production plans for this lore and some changes were made, and may be subject to change yet again. This currently includes the previously announced year of the lore and a few other minor, unannounced details. None of this should cause any delays or anything of that sort, but I want to be completely transparent about this so nobody is caught off-guard when we eventually drop the announcement for the main lore, which is still a ways off.
- That being said, I do still have some exciting news that is referenced and mentioned above … I will (hopefully) be producing a fully custom map for the next lore! As long as nothing else presents itself as an issue, I have already started some basic rough drafts of the next lore’s map. I feel it’s important for us as a community going forward to differentiate ourselves from other servers with expanded world-spaces, unique locations paired with our unique style of lores.
- PLAYER SUGGESTIONS
- Do you have any suggestions or ideas regarding these announcements? If so, feel free to hit me up with them! I’m willing to hear anything you have out in full, but I cannot promise these things will be implemented.
- PLAYER Q&A
- If you have any questions, drop them here! I will make it my priority to answer them with whatever information I can currently give.
- IN CLOSING
- I know we’ve been silent over the past few months, but our excitement remains and I can assure you that I’ll have future posts to drop going forward. I’m very, very personally excited about our current mini-lore/main-lore projects and feel this is going to bring in a new era for Gateway RP. These are exciting times! Have a nice day!
RAW Paste Data