kunori - Episode 17 Commentary (SAO II)
Dec 21st, 2014
- Þrymr Punch! And the 17th episode begins! From how their HPs are getting shaved off, he's not an《impossible-no-matter-what-you-do enemy》,
- but it's still a tough fight. Well, it's possible that's not King Þrymr's strue body or something, though…
- Yui's counting is useful! Freyja's lightning spell is strong! Everyone except for those in the party are working hard, huh, lol.
- I totally thought the battle scene with Þrymr in the new OP would be reused in the main part!
- Though it didn't seem to happen… how extravagant… Thank goodness…
- Kirito and co. didn't evade despite seeing the motion for King Þrymr's breath as they can't move due to its pulling effect while charging.
- Pulling attacks are fun when you're the one using them, but there's nothing more annoying than an enemy using one.
- When the buffs went off, Klein must thought "Cold!" before thinking "We're screwed!".
- Looks like the stress of getting hit with a frozen debuff in a fulldive game is no joke…
- I would end up spamming the mouse and arrow keys with a "Kiee!" when my avatar couldn't move, even if it was just on the screen.
- A crushing shockwave attack after freezing… that looks painful! But the scattering ice is beautiful!
- The vanguards' bars went reddish-red in an instant. And I guess that's not a standard word conversion for this IME.
- Asuna quickly used an area heal, but most heal spells in ALO are HoT (the "regen"-type), so it's bad if they're finished off right after.
- Sinon's《Explode Arrow》blew up at King Þrymr's nostrils! She must be prepared for the retaliation from that before taking the aggro.
- Cait Sith have the highest mobility on land among the nine races, so she would be able to dodge for a while, but still…
- And downing the potions meanwhile. In a VRMMO, the one pulling the enemy must be thinking "What are you doing, drinking over there!", lol.
- But well, at least when it's compared to devouring meat…
- Freyja's turn! Still, the term, "voice of gold" fits Minaguchi's voice to a tee… If only I wrote 3 times the lines for Freyja! (Insane)
- To hide gold, hide it among gold! If the inventory is mostly empty, hurling everything in sounds good, but each item's probably real heavy.
- Þrymr said something fishy like "have as much gold from this room as you can take" too, lol.
- At this point, Leafa already has some sort of idea about Freyja. Forming her immediate suggestion to "use a lightning skill".
- What Kirito used was a sword skill called《Lightning Fall》that deals not only physical damage straight down but with an AoE stun effect.
- By the way, in ALO, the lightning element is a subcategory of the wind element.
- Leafa did say "it's like the wind magic spell, Thunder Web" when she saw the stun bullet Death Gun shot while watching BoB.
- Freyja swelling up.
- Freyja growing huge.
- From Goddess Freyja to the Thunder God Thor, and from Minaguchi Yuuko to Genda Tesshou…
- Naturally, even King Þrymr's petrified. With the two huge old men facing each other, the large space's (and the screen's) so cramped!
- The smooth motions in this battle among giants are amazing… lol. Thor's mad since his hammer was stolen, but Þrymr's right to get mad too!
- This sequence used a certain event from the Norse mythology the Cardinal System gathered as a base and since she realized that,
- Leafa guessed Freyja was looking for Thunder God Thor's hammer, Mjölnir. Well, the Mjölnir of lore had no lightning attribute, though, lol.
- Klein's "Freyja-saaaaaan!" is a true shout from the heart…
- But it's like that, you know? It's not like Thor turned into Freyja and acted out like a goddess, it's sort of like
- the real Freyja's possessing and controlling remotely from Ásgarðr, I guess… it ought to be like that… I hope from the bottom of my heart…
- Liz's mace exploding at his little toe! That must have hurt even for Þrymr!
- King Þrymr goes down at last with Thor's hammer. Guess not even Kirito can get the LA bonus at a time like this, lol.
- Þrymr, warning Kirito and the rest, and Thor, stomping him before he could. I didn't think even NPCs could skip conversations, lol.
- Klein (samurai) gets the legendary-grade weapon,《Lightning Hammer Mjölnir》! Rumors say he gave it to Liz since he had no hammer skills,
- or that Liz immediately smelted it into a mountain of orichalcum ingots, but the true answer is yet…
- Thor's HP bar vanishes just as the battle result screen appears.
- I'm always thankful to the staff for these minute touches! And the items obtained seem amazing!
- All's well that ends well… or so you think, but it's not over yet! The adventures of Kirito and co. continues on (to Part B)!
- There are stairs behind thrones. Behind the throne in Ichigaya Memorial Hall's auditorium, where Mishima Yukio committed seppuku,
- there are apparently《stairs exclusively for His Majesty The Emperor》. It seems it's free for everyone now, so I want to go and have a try!
- The one giving the quest to the players on Jötunheimr is Þrymr's subordinate,
- a frost giant named《Archduke Þjazi》(must be some huge, blue, old man with a moustache too), so the quest remains even with Þrymr's death.
- It's finally here, the Holy Sword Excalibur! Despite having Norse mythology as a base, how did elements from Celtic mythology…
- well, you might ask that, but it's all the doing of an AI, Cardiko-chan, so…
- Kirito had always felt ashamed about generating the world's strongest sword through GM authorities during the confrontation with Oberon.
- So when he gets Excalibur legitimately, it will be like he's finally repaying that debt.
- Well, not that he's pulling it out that easily! A certain amount of force needs to be applied over a certain amount of time to pull it out.
- If this was a Playstation game, it would be the part where "Tap the ○ button!" appears.
- It's out! …causing the World Tree to revive and Þrymheimr to collapse and Kirito and the rest to fall…
- As players can't fly in Jötunheimr, they can't escape with their wings either.
- And here we have Kirito, embracing Leafa who is in tears while trying to store Excalibur in his inventory.
- Kirito's feet are shown sinking into the ice too, but Excalibur is so heavy that Tonkii can't fly while carrying it.
- He can only either fall with the sword or abandon it and survive; So Kirito's probably thinking "Damn you, Cardinal!" while pondering that.
- In the end, he's abandoning the sword, but… here's where the archer, Sinon, comes in. The《Retrieve Arrow》spell pulls in a faraway object.
- Sinon, cleanly recovering Excalibur upon gently succeeding in the super long range sniping (?). She's so darn cool!
- Sinon's terrifying words and smile are on full display, but she's just teasing Kirito here, lol. That's still a lot of nerves, though!
- With the roots of the World Tree revived upon Excalibur's extraction, Jötunheimr transforms into its former fields filled with greenery.
- And while the management staff are on their end-of-year break. Who cares, right?
- The Tonkii race is finally respawning! …that's rather coarse, so let's say they're reviving… or reincarnating…
- The little sisters of Queen of the Lake Urðr, Verðandi and Skuld. Skuld's a valkyrie rather than of the giant race, so she's human-sized.
- Was it just a shining efect that Klein got from Skuld, or some tangible object…? I'll have to write that story eventually!
- Well, if I do, Klein might end up like Haruyuki from AW, getting lost with a NPC, but…
- Mechatronics is essentially a technology to control machines with microcomputers, but there are nearly no machines not classified as that.
- Or so I thought, but the bike I ride uses a carb, so it has no CPU! So it's non-mechatronical…
- The Calibur chapter ends with Agil appearing (at the back) in a single shot! Please support the Mother's Rosario chapter next episode too!
Please, Sign In to add comment