AL Story (Rough Draft)
a guest Jun 13th, 2018 58 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other...
- In a realm separate from the Living Realm resides the realm of the dead. A realm whose age is rumored to be even older than the Universe itself. As many stories suggest, there is a good and an evil... but what does good and evil stand for?
- A being who lies between the two, a being who is truly neutral argues that good and evil are not based on actions alone, most sentient beings will work toward a future for themselves, and will do nearly anything to achieve this.
- But... there are those who merely wish to stop others from achieving what they wish, people who thrive off of the struggle of others. Good is not as easily defined as the legends will have you believe, being an enjoyable person, fighting against the “evil” in the world. Comparatively, Evil is not as easily defined either. A man may murder another, but isn’t exactly “Evil”. A being may rule an empire, and the methods in which they took control are not considered “Evil”.
- A Neutral being exist, and it is this beings job to maintain the balance within this realm, and to be mindful that too much darkness, and too much light do not breach the plane of the Living Realm. It is that beings job to find those who wish to assist with maintaining the balance, remaining neutral, and making the hard decisions that not every person can make.
- In the history of the Afterlife, this being has allowed and established the two zones that surround his Kingdom.
- The zone of Heaven, home of the Kai, which has collapsed a millennia ago, due to the imbalance it was causing. The Kai now reside on four planets outside of the Kingdom, hoping to one day rebuild their homeland, and receive their seat of power back within the balance.
- The zone of Hell, home of the Demons. This zone is older than most can remember, and has portions that are deteriorating on it’s borders. It lie below the Kingdom, beneath the clouds. The Demons who reside there rarely visit the Kingdom ever since Heaven was erased, and the Kai forced to migrate there. A once neutral zone is now quietly fought over, and the being in charge of controlling the Neutrality is rarely seen.
- But, through their exclusion by the Kai’s, the Demons have been known to reach out to the Living Realm, an attempt to build their forces and tip the scales in their favor.
- It has been five hundred years since the Clerks of Neutrality have seen their beloved Judge ... but they carry on his task, judging souls to the zones they are required to go to in order to maintain the balance of the Universe.
- As the balance begins to become more volatile, between the restriction of Demons from the Kingdom, and the enlistment of the living to join Hell, the Judge appears before his Clerks... a white light fills the air, piercing even the clouds and shining unto Hell.
- The Judges silhouette is all that can be seen, as his booming voice can be heard by all the inhabitants of the Kingdom and the Hells below ...
- “I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail nonetheless. It’s frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say, I am.”
- Suddenly, the light vanquishes, and seems to be absorbed. Any light source in the area begins to fade. Turning the realm into darkness, before illuminating once more.
RAW Paste Data