a guest Feb 2nd, 2019 21 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Verisign Labs Distinguished Speaker Series:
- Ralph Merkle: Quantum computers and public-key cryptosystems - September 19, 2013
- Merkle and many others expert in the field are telling a cautionary tale (despite many of those actually implementing crypto in the open source and commercial world today, even those implementing security-oriented systems, disregarding this) of quantum computing's critical threat to PKCs' widespread and systemic use for encryption and authentication and the fact that PQC with the same properties may never be available...there seem to be no copies on YouTube of this talk or any other on this topic by Merkle, and this Verisign video is referenced on his site www.merkle.com.
- Since Verisign decided to break all early-mid 2010s Verisign Labs speaker series sites, try using archive.org (hopefully they'll be there)
- Archived Talk URL:
- Direct Ooyala Video (Web Archive) URL:
- To find the video ID/embedCode for other archived Verisign labs talks examine the CSS and look for oo_1
- <div id="oo_1" class="rg3" data-player="29bcf9ccad3e4da4ac4ebc9ca4bd155b" data-embed="N1N2FlZjoq_c0p1ywMpulZP9gaNNTjiX" data-width="620" data-height="346"></div>
- Then either use youtube-dl, or some other method to extract a direct video URL using the ooyala js player url (no need to execute) in combination with the data-embed (embedCode/VideoID):
- (youtube-dl) https://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=<VIDEO-ID-(data-embed)>
- (youtube-dl) https://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=N1N2FlZjoq_c0p1ywMpulZP9gaNNTjiX
- This should leave you with a direct video url:
- Then share the file elsewhere, or archive it and share the direct link with a reference to the talk...at some point ooyala may disappear or just stop serving these videos...
- Check out youtube-dl's extractor for ooyala here:
RAW Paste Data