Their Future - Chapter 1 (Shizune Epilogue)
The_Numismatist May 16th, 2019 (edited) 131 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Their Future – Chapter 1
- The gate looked too pompous for what it was. Its red brick and cold, unwelcoming black wrought iron gave it a sort of haughty attitude. At least, that was what I thought when I first came to Yamaku. Now, the gate is like an old friend, inviting me back into the lush green gardens. This is… home.
- I move to enter, but I’m stopped by the brown-haired woman beside me.
- “Wahaha~! Why so eager, Hicchan~?” Misha laughs her trademark laugh and beams at me. I rub the back of my head and laugh apologetically.
- “Heh, sorry. Guess I’m just excited to see the old place again.” At this, she grins at me once more, silently agreeing.
- Without exchanging another word, we step through this familiar gateway together, allowing waves of nostalgia to wash over us. Seeing the beautiful campus once more, I allow myself to reminisce about all the memories I had here: Kenji’s mad ranting, the long days and nights spent in the Student Council room, and especially the Tanabata celebration, where Shizune and I admired the fruits of our labours, and where we found love with each other.
- I am interrupted from my memories by the school’s headmaster, a seemingly young man in a black suit, with spiked up black hair that doesn’t quite seem to be able to stay down.
- “Aha! You must be our new teachers! Mr. Nakai and Miss Mikado, was it?” We nod in affirmation, and he beams at us, reminding me of the old head nurse. I briefly wonder if he still works here, but resolve to find out later, as the headmaster has already set off on a tour of the academy. He sets a brisk pace, and I’m thankful that Shizune reminded me to take my meds this morning.
- He brings us all around the school, showing us how much the place has changed since we graduated. We stop in on the Student Council room, and I notice how the room seems more in use than when we were here, and I ask the headmaster about it.
- “Hm? Oh yes, the Student Council is quite large this year! We’re very proud of how involved the students are in the school!” I make a note to myself to tell Shizune about this; I’m sure she’ll be pleased. Or maybe she’ll get competitive with them, like usual. Odds are 50/50 on that one.
- Finally, we stop outside our old classroom: 3-3. The headmaster opens the door; the place is just as I remember, though the blackboards have been replaced by electronic whiteboards.
- “Both of you remember this place, of course.” The headmaster states, clearly displaying that he’s done his research. “Mr Nakai, however, I would suggest you refamiliarize yourself with it, as you’ll be spending a lot of time here.”
- I’m slightly confused by this, before I remember that I’m not only replacing Mutou as the science teacher, but also as homeroom teacher for class 3-3. The headmaster grins as realisation dawns on me, and I step into the classroom, taking it all in. The sunlight hits my old desk perfectly, as if to say that I am well and truly home.
RAW Paste Data