- Original interview here: http://kultur2.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2404.html
- Q. The mobile game Shiny Festa also has an English version. Do you have any plans to release One For All in English or Chinese?
- A. Each time we develop a title we consider developing overseas versions as well. Overseas fans voices are heard and then after we make plans.
- Q. Do you plan on releasing Shiny Festa to any other platforms (PS Vita)?
- A. We have no plans of doing that.
- Q. Will the new iDOLM@STER game be adding on to existing games, or will it be a completely new game with character models changed and all?
- A. There isn't much I can say right now. However, If it were a straight upgrade of a PS3 game, it would already be out now. We'll be giving it plenty of development time and show you a new iDOLM@STER.
- Q. When will the PS4 iDOLM@STER game release?
- A. We have just started development on the new PS4 iDOLM@STER title.
- Q. 10 years ago you sold the first title and at the same time assigned Voice Actresses. Now they're quite old. Surely there's some people that think they don't fit with iDOLM@STER's image right?
- A. Basically iDOLM@STER's content is the characters and the users formed from them. For that sake what age the Voice Actresses are has no relation. When casting the most important point was not age but which voice fit the characters best. If there is high demand from the fans for the Cinderella girls and Million live characters we will consider such plans.
- Q. After you said your favorite character was Iori, you then said Ami and Mami, why do you keep changing your favorite idol every time? Who is really your favorite idol, please say so honestly.
- A. There's no doubt that I like Ami and Mami. When they're together they have comedian-like conversations and I liked being able to enjoy writing that. Generally I like everyone equally. In One For All my favorite story was Makoto's. In each game the most shining character varies.
- Q. Why was the English version of Shiny Festa on the iOS and not the PSP?
- A. It takes quite a lot of time to localize a PSP version. Therefore, as an experiment we announced an English version on iOS. However, we are thinking of also releasing an English version console title.
- Q. In the lives there's also many female fans, what is the secret to also appealing to female fans? Also what do you think about it called perverted?
- A. iDOLM@STER being labeled as a love simulation game is a misunderstanding, but that is just a misunderstood viewpoint. In reality iDOLM@STER is a game where you produce an idol and guide her to the top. In that process there are communications with the idols. The idols sing and dance like actual idols, and girls like that part too.
- Q. How do you observe oversea opinions?
- A. Through various internet communities we gather and confirm information.
- Q. This was the first time you met with Asian (not Japanese) reporters. Are you planning on iDOLM@STER advancing worldwide as well?
- A. Next year will be it's 10th year. It's become very big content. From now on I think we would like to aim worldwide with great effort, and Asia as well so we'll be counting on your support. With the Japanese iDOLM@STER community at the center, we will also be looking at worldwide communities. I haven't thought about what we will do when we have collected oversea fans' voices.
GamiP 9/18/14 interview TL
NamassukaRevolution Sep 20th, 2014 (edited) 3,620 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data