- Continuing from the previously announced second season of Kyoto Animation's popular anime series, Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai, it was announced today that "Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! The Movie ~Rikka Takanashi Revision~" will open on September 14. This movie is a love story as the protagonist Yuuta Togashi and a daydreaming young woman Rikka Takanashi get involved in her activities and gradually fall for each other. In order to see the charm of this movie, we went to ask the director from Kyoto Animation, Tatsuya Ishihara.
- -Could you give us an outline of the movie's contents?
- This movie is a way of summarizing the events of the first TV season, yet we felt just summarizing the plot into highlights wouldn't be interesting to watch. That's why we placed it from Rikka's perspective and added new footage in order for viewers to be entertained. We made the title of the movie "Rikka Takanashi Revision" in order to emphasize that it's from her point of view.
- -Were there any other titles you had in mind?
- We thought about others like "Rikka's Deluded Happiness", "Daydream of Angels", "A Love Song to a Fallen Angel, but someone on the staff suggested "Rikka Takanashi Revision" and we just kept it as is since then.
- -What is the aim of the movie?
- To give that same enjoyment of a show that you'd see at a live concert of a musician you like. For the new footage in this movie, we changed the layouts in order to stress that you're watching it on the big screen. Lastly, we wanted to structure the events of the first season to tie together with the second season.
- -How does it feel to look back on the incredibly popular first season?
- For the first season, we used the first light novel as a base for our story. Back then I honestly felt like "I'll finish this until the end." That's why I had no regrets (to do a second season); I aimlessly thought "I'll keep working on it" using the second novel as well.
- -Who is your favorite character, and along those lines, what was your favorite scene?
- I like all the characters, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Sanae Dekomori. She wasn't in the original novel, but she was a character who worked better than I thought possible in the first season. Though she's a bit plain, I also like Kumin as well. As for my favorite scene, I personally like humorous idiots, so wouldn't the scene in episode 6 where Yuuta's friend Isshiki gets a love letter fit that perfectly?
- -What's the most important part of this work to you as a director?
- Probably that I can't forget to include the heart of being "chuunibyou." There's a lot of people who carry that spirit with them as they grow up; it's a big part of me too. Of course, I don't think we actively believe reality's like that (laughs). I think it's wonderful if I can amuse that "chuunibyou" part of everyone that's yet to grow up.
Chu2koi movie Mainichi article - June 2013
ultimatemegax Jun 9th, 2013 356 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data