- Searching in the dash - Legal notice
- Collection and use of data
- When you enter a search term into the dash Ubuntu will search your Ubuntu computer and will record the search terms locally.
- Unless you have opted out (see the “Online Search” section below), we will also send your keystrokes as a search term to productsearch.ubuntu.com and selected third parties so that we may complement your search results with online search results from such third parties including: Facebook, Twitter, BBC and Amazon. Canonical and these selected third parties will collect your search terms and use them to provide you with search results while using Ubuntu.
- By searching in the dash you consent to:
- the collection and use of your search terms and IP address in this way; and
- the storage of your search terms and IP address by Canonical and such selected third parties (if applicable).
- Online Search
- You may restrict your dash so that we don’t send searches to third parties and you don't receive online search results. To do this go to the Privacy panel and toggle the ‘Include online search results’ option to off. The Privacy panel can be found in your System Settings or via a dash search. For a current list of our selected third parties, please see www.ubuntu.com/privacypolicy/thirdparties.
- Although most changes are likely to be minor, Canonical may change this legal notice from time to time, and at Canonical's sole discretion. Please check this page from time to time for any changes to this legal notice as we will not be able to notify you directly.
- How to contact us
- Please submit any questions or comments about searching in the dash or this legal notice by contacting us at the following address: Canonical Group Ltd, 5th Floor, Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London, England, SE1 0SU.
a guest Oct 18th, 2012 119 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data