a guest Aug 19th, 2018 58 Never
- Dear nan,
- This letter is just to let you know about the fact that I have decided not to go to University this year. The reason for this decision is something very personal which I really struggle to talk about in person. I have been suffering from quite severe depression for quite some time now but stayed silent about it, partly due to me being ignorant and partly not knowing how you’d react.
- The tipping point was my summer job placement. I didn’t mention it at the time but I really didn’t enjoy that placement and it made my depression much worse. This led me to go to my GP about all this which is why I wanted to book doctors appointments. The GP referred me to a therapist who I’ve been seeing for 2 weeks now and here we are.
- I decided not to go to uni this year because it would be much too stressful for me, and because this year doesn’t count towards my final grade I won’t be missing anything important. I would’ve preferred to just miss one semester and start back again in January but the University told me this isn’t possible so I either miss the whole year or nothing. I do plan on contacting the company I would’ve worked at and seeing if I can come to some arrangement where I still do a placement but unrelated to the University and for a shorter period.
- In the meantime while I’m at home I will be focusing on my health and potentially getting part time work if/when I’m feeling better.
- Sorry to make you read a small book
- Your favourite Grandson
- [my name]
RAW Paste Data