- 1) Download and install pyReScene
- I suggest using the latest repository version because there are less bugs.
- hg clone https://Gfy@bitbucket.org/Gfy/pyrescene
- hg pull && hg update default
- And with these commands you can keep it updated if necessary. (hg is Mercurial)
- After this you can run it from the folder you've put it in or install it to your system by doing
- python setup.py install
- ATTENTION: The path where the .py files are located could be leaked into .txt files in the srr if something unexpected occurs (a stacktrace).
- Example of txt file usage: http://www.srrdb.com/release/details/OST_-_The_Ring_And_The_Ring_Two-CD-2005-DAW
- I've seen it only when an srs of a 0 byte file is trying to be created, but this isn't fixed yet.
- So, this is just a heads up if you don't want the username of your server to be leaked when you don't install it, just put it all in a general dir.
- 2) Installing dependencies
- unrar is a dependency, but it isn't necessary if you only create music srrs (or if you don't plan on creating srrs for vobsubs: only used for that)
- install fpcalc
- There could be a package already available in your repositories.
- 3) Using pyReScene to create the .srr file
- python bin/pyrescene.py Release.Directory -o Optional.directory.to.put.the.srr
- Will put the SRR in the current working directory by default.
- -d, --srr-in-reldir overrides -o parameter
- is also an option
- Something like this should be the result:
- If you ever want to create srrs from an archive/collection:
- pyrescene -r root_dir_of_releases
- pyrescene --help for extra options if it isn't just for music
- 4) Uploading the srrs to srrdb.com
- There are two upload scripts that work: http://rescene.wikidot.com/upload-scripts
- I suggest you create an account on srrdb. You can put it to anonymous if you want. Then only the admins can see who uploaded which srrs, but it makes it easier for us to look at the truly anonymous uploads. (where there is a chance there could be issues)
- Yours would look orange for us: http://i.imgur.com/IJdQWL9.png and red for the other users
- 5) The future
- I'm working on zip support, so we can archive the metadata of those releases too.
Set up of pyReScene
Gfy Oct 26th, 2013 522 Never
RAW Paste Data