Overwatch Install 11-02-17
OdnetninI Feb 11th, 2017 (edited) 1,518 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- Everything over here is work in progress, so It can be very unstable.
- If it's very requested, I'll do some automatic scripts depending on the distribution.
- First of all, we have to install Wine, but that version isn't the one which we are going to install, we will use the version that Andrew Wesie modified.
- Secondly, after the setup of Wine (use your system package manager), you need to install next packages (or similar name using your package manager):
- autoconf ncurses bison perl fontforge flex gcc-multilib giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng gnutls lib32-gnutls libxinerama lib32-libxinerama libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxmu lib32-libxmu libxxf86vm lib32-libxxf86vm libldap lib32-libldap mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite mesa lib32-mesa libgl lib32-libgl opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs samba opencl-headers git winetricks
- After this, we have to clone the repository of Andrew Wesie, so execute this:
- git clone https://bitbucket.org/awesie/wine-overwatch.git
- After that, we have to go to:
- cd wine-overwatch
- Now, we have to create 2 new folders:
- mkdir wine64-build
- mkdir wine32-build
- And now, let's compile the 64 bits version, so:
- cd wine64-build
- ../configure --enable-win64
- make -j4
- If we had finished it woithout any kind of error, let's compile the 32 bits version (REQUIRED!):
- cd ../wine32-build
- PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib32/pkgconfig ../configure --with-wine64=../wine64-build
- make -j4
- After all of this, let's use a "special trick", if you want to use a different WinePrefix, do it, but because of I don't usualy use system's Wine, I'll continue forward with the default:
- cd ../wine64-build
- ./wine wineboot --update
- Now we need to set winversion to Windows XP, to do that:
- ./wine winecfg
- And change windows version to emulate to Windows XP
- If you already have Overwatch downloaded, just execute:
- ./wine PathOfOverWatch/OverWatch\ Launcher.exe
- If everything is alright, you can also execute it with (in order not to fill your terminal with junk lines):
- WINEDEBUG=-all ./wine RutaDeOverwatch/OverWatch\ Launcher.exe
- Battle.net doesn't works at 100% with the 64bits wine version, so I recommend to download it on Windows, and then you'll be able to update it with your directories of Battle.net 32bits without any problem. For European players, you need Battle.net, for that, install as allways and then execute:
- winetricks corefonts wininet
- Remember that in order to execute it you'll have to do it at the 'wine64-build' and always put './wine', or it won't work. Ever.
RAW Paste Data