Медиастан / Mediastan
- " Mediastan " - a documentary film made by a small group of journalists and activists WikiLeaks during travels in Central Asia ( Kazakhstan , Tajikistan , Kyrgyzstan , Afghanistan) . Their goal was to find the local media , which have had the courage to analyze and publish the documents submitted by WikiLeaks about these countries . As a result, the authors found a lot of interesting people , but very little freedom of speech. However, this freedom , they also found in London and Washington , which hosted the debate about the fate of WikiLeaks documents with the editors of The Guardian and The New York Times. So " Mediastan " - a film not only about the press in Central Asia, but also , according to the filmmakers , about the world of media as such.
- Special screening in conjunction with the magazine " Russian Reporter" .
- Simultaneously in several European cities will have its world premiere on WikiLeaks and freedom of speech. In Moscow, the film will be shown at the festival " 2morrow/Zavtra ."
- The festival " 2morrow/Zavtra " and the magazine " Russian Reporter" are discussions about the film , freedom of speech and openness of information , which will be attended by representatives of leading Russian mass media , WikiLeaks ( including Julian Assange via video link from London) , as well as some members of the team Central Asian tour - the main film director and journalist Johannes Wahlström Dmitry Velikovsky . Media representatives are invited to attend , students , journalists, as well as all those interested in the issues of freedom of speech, civil society and international politics.
- Johannes Wahlström
- Swedish scientist, journalist, editor of the cultural magazine Tromb, founder of the Israeli- Palestinian news agency IMEMC, the son of Russian -Israeli writer and translator of Israel Shamir . He worked as a reporter for the Swedish newspaper in Russia , Ukraine and Palestine. Actively engaged in the protection of freedom of speech and criticism of the media.