Jojoveller Stand Comments, Part 7 and 8
sekainoyazawa Sep 19th, 2016 (edited) 7,103 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
- HEY YA!
- A stand that only gives Pocoloco more courage, right? It doesn't really do anything. It doesn't make you lucky, but it can help you feel more optimistic.
- TOMB OF THE BOOM 1 2 3
- Their abilities are nearly the same, but each Stand has a slightly different physical form. The Stands' design comes from the giant anteater, I think. I like how the eyes pop out on this one, too.
- OH! LONESOME ME
- When you think of cowboys, you gotta have lassos. I made that sort of association directly into a Stand. Mountain Tim is one of my favorite characters, even compared to the rest of Part 7.
- TUSK ACT 1
- Something like a mascot character... designed with an axolotl in mind. I knew I was going to make it grow, but I haven't really drawn these sorts of cute and fluffy stands a lot, so it was refreshing to draw.
- BOKU NO RHYTHM WO KIITEKURE (Listen to my Rhythm)
- I think I probably got the idea for this Stand's design from a native African artwork. The netting over its hosts face acts as sunscreen or insect repellent. It's a piece of knowledge he used to participate in the race.
- From somewhere in the distance, it launches with infinite range and hoists you up. If it's going to appear from thin air and hoist someone up, I thought it would leave an impact to have winches shooting out of drifting feathers.
- SCARY MONSTERS
- Simply inspired by Jurassic Park... maybe? Like, you have tricky dinosaurs hunting in packs and all that. It becomes Dio's stand, so I thought it fit his image too.
- CREAM STARTER
- A Stand that sprays stuff out to let you transform and stuff, that's all (laughs). And when you have a spray, you think of shaving cream, so I made it a sprays stuff like "fshhh."
- Reverting just six seconds of time... Surprisingly hard to notice, huh? Its design is the sort of stand that's worn over your body. It looks like the Major League Training Brace*, and I might have been thinking about tube-shaped implements with its design
- *From the manga Star of the Giants, try googling "大リーグ養成ギブス"
- CATCH THE RAINBOW
- The idea of walking on the rain comes from Catch the Rainbow, by Rainbow. That's why there's a rainbow on the mask. Its appearance is a rainbow version of a hockey mask.
- IN A SILENT WAY
- The design comes from Native American wall art and paintings. There are roses on its chest because I thought the mismatch would be cool. I like how its host looks with his long bangs and braids!
- TUSK ACT2
- Now that Act 1 has grown a little, I added some elements to make it unclear whether it's animal or machine, like a traditional Stand.
- SUGAR MOUNTAIN (Sugar Mountain's Spring)
- When you think about this Stand's concept, it must be that the great tree is the Stand user, and all the phenomena that occur around it are its Stand ability. It has a succession of watchers, and each one of them is named Sugar Mountain.
- TATTOO YOU!
- The 11 men are stand users, and they are all possessed by a single Stand. Maybe it's Tattoo 1, Tattoo 2, and so on? I think the appearance comes from a tattoo I once saw somewhere.
- TUBULAR BELLS
- A Stand without a physical form. This Stand ability makes objects into something like balloons. Just as it seems, the idea for this came from balloon art. Its host is a black man with sweet tattoos!
- 20th Century BOY
- A full-body type stand. Maybe the concept was an impenetrable defense? The idea is the belts stretch out like earthing wires, and redirect all the energy from enemy attacks into the ground.
- CIVIL WAR
- A Stand where its ability was the main idea. For the design, I think I focused on letting its head have an impact. It feels like a distorted metal mask. I feel like I was picturing plants for the legs... They end in roots.
- TUSK ACT 3
- It's grown even more and become even more huamnoid. But, its head is still embedded into its body, and its silhouette still isn't fully humanoid.
- DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP (D4C)
- I wanted a silhouette unlike any previous boss, so I made its ears pointed. I designed it after the image of leather being stiched together, like on a baseball. I like how that stitching looks.
- CHOCOLATE DISCO
- There was that submarine game, right? The coordinate grid came from that. The words "chocolate disco" keeps getting repeated in the song Chocolate Disco, so the host doesn't speak any more than necessary, either.
- TICKET TO RIDE (The Ticket of Tears)
- A stand that Lucy temporarily gained from the power of the corpse. They say that tears are a woman's weapon, so the tears themselves turn into blades... I guess that's all there is to it (laughs).
- D4C LOVE TRAIN
- The evolved form of D4C, crossing dimensions. The president is the boss because I saw Independence Day, where the president goes out to fight in person, and I thought that was cool.
- BALL BREAKER
- A visualization of the energy of Gyro's steel balls, breaking through dimensions. The art of the steel balls also ultimately turns into a Stand ability. I made this Stand appear to explain that.
- TUSK ACT 4
- The inside of its curtain-like body is hollow, and its face can move around like the Zaku's mono-eye. Up until 3, it hid behind its host, but this one is battle-ready.
- SOFT & WET
- The design was created to match up with Josuke's outfit, rather than its ability. Maybe I imagined a sailor's uniform combined with the floatation devices in a lifevest. Its ears have grown a bit longer since it first appeared.
- FUN FUN FUN
- It's got the image of a stethoscope. It can listen in to figure out what's happening on the floor below it. And, its head is a lemon juicer... Well, there's that thing that's shaped like a spaceship. Its host is a surfer, so he wears a wetsuit.
- PAISLEY PARK
- A GPS Stand that shows you the way. The idea started with those bad GPSs... Like, you've had those times when your car's GPS keeps giving you the wrong directions, right? The fear of opening things was the theme for the chapter where this one first shows up.
- BORN THIS WAY
- For story reasons, I wanted to make it clear at first glance that it was definitely a Stand and not a human when its helmet came off. That's why I took away its neck and embedded its head into its torso, to give it unusual visuals.
- CALIFORNIA KING BED (California King Bed-chan)
- It's a girl's stand, so I thought I'd make it cute and fluffy. It has a full set of 5 segments aside from its head. Those are its torso and 4 limbs.
RAW Paste Data