- How to report a bug properly, by Mithion:
- Likely, if you're reading this, I flagged your issue as insufficient information, closed it and linked it here. Let me get this out of the way first. I didn't do it to be a jerk. I have had close to 1000 issues posted in that github. Of that, more than 50% were not posted properly, and several more were duplicates.
- I DON'T HAVE TIME TO EXPLAIN THIS OVER AND OVER EACH TIME.
- So, here you go. This is what I need. Post this, and I will happily re-open your issue and investigate. Until then, I don't want it cluttering my queue.
- 1.) Check to see if the bug has already been posted! Duplicates are a waste of everyone's time. This includes closed bugs too! The first couple pages of each state (open/closed) should be enough for a cursory glance.
- 2.) Post the steps needed to reproduce the bug. The less time I need to spend chasing it, the faster I can fix it.
- 3.) Post ForgeModLoader-Client-0.log (and/or ForgeModLoader-Server-0.log where appropriate). The crash report screen is NOT what I want. DO NOT POST THE CRASH REPORT SCREEN AND THINK IT IS ENOUGH. These files are in the same place where your mods/ folder is.
- 4.) Post any required files (such as the ones outlined in step 4) via pastebin or dropbox! Cramming it into multiple replies is messy, makes the post tough to track, and is just generally annoying. If you do/did this, post a new issue following these instructions properly, because I won't be re-opening your original.
- 5.) In your title for the bug, start with the mod version. Be simple and descriptive. Don't try to be funny or sarcastic or rude or clever. Just informative. For example:
- [1.2.0.021] - Spell Book Loses Soulbound When Switching Active Slot
- Perfect, precise, plus it helps people trying to follow step 1.
- 6.) State whether you were playing single player or multiplayer, and whether it happens in just the one or in both.
- 7.) If you're running MCPC+, then you need to reproduce it without that, as MCPC+ is not a supported platform.
- 8.) Be polite. If I don't like you, I won't help you.
- I know this has been a little wordy, but I wanted to be specific. The more information you give me to go on, the less time I have to spend chasing the details down and the more time I can spend actually fixing it. So do us both a favour, and follow the instructions!
How to Report a Bug PROPERLY
a guest Jul 27th, 2014 6,754 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data