- > Subject: Bank Holidays 2011
- > You may be aware that Prince William and Kate Middleton are to marry
- > at Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011. I’m sure you share my delight
- > at this news.
- > Fittingly, our fine coalition Government has declared this day a Bank
- > Holiday, to allow us all to enjoy such a momentous event. Our Prime Minister stated:
- > "We want to mark the day as one of national celebration - a public
- > holiday will ensure the most people possible will have a chance to celebrate on the day."
- > For those worried about the cost of this, you may be interested to
- > read that the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- > calculates the cost to the economy of a extra Bank Holiday to be just
- > £2.9bn, which is barely 30% of our annual overseas aid budget.
- > So, I have great pleasure in confirming that this day will be added to
- > your holiday entitlement for 2011. In the unlikely event that your
- > presence is not required at the wedding or you do not wish to view the
- > balanced, modest, understated coverage that will no doubt be provided
- > by our media outlets, you will, however, be able to seek sanctity at
- > the CCDC and take a day off on another occasion.
- > The disappointingly unlikely possibility that the marriage does not go
- > ahead does remain, but please rest assured that CCDC will indeed still
- > treat this day as though it were a Bank Holiday.
a guest May 20th, 2014 165 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data