- Some answers to questions that have been asked and about Deric Lostutter (AKA: KYAnonymous). I hope this helps to ease some concerns. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to get the answers for you. You can also contact his attorney, Jason Flores-Williams of the Whistleblowers Defense League, by calling (505) 467-8288.
- Please keep in mind that I do not know Mr. Lostutter in person and I am not affiliated legally in any way. I am just trying to help.
- About the Warrant:
- On April 15, 2013 Deric's house in Winchester, KY was raided and he was served a search and seizure warrant granted by US Magistrate Judge Robert E. Wier. Case No. 5:13-MJ-5116-REW
- You can see photos of this warrant at http://www.projectknightsec.com/
- About Mr. Flores-Williams Working Pro-Bono:
- There seems to be a common misconception that "pro-bono" always means free of charge. Pro-bono can also mean reduced cost.
- "Pro bono publico (English: for the public good; usually shortened to pro bono) is a Latin phrase for professional work undertaken voluntarily and without payment or at a reduced fee as a public service. It is common in the legal profession and is increasingly seen in architecture, marketing, medicine, technology, and strategy consulting firms. Pro bono service, unlike traditional volunteerism, uses the specific skills of professionals to provide services to those who are unable to afford them."
- - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_bono
- While Mr. Flores-Williams is not charging a fee directly to Deric, he is accepting donations for his work. There will be a lot of charges incurred with all that Mr. Flores-Williams must do. Deric is not in jail, but he has been sent a target letter which shows that Deric's case is in the pre-indictment phase.
- "A target letter is a letter that a federal prosecutor at a United States Attorney's office sends to inform someone that he or she is the target of a federal investigation. Most often, the letter informs the recipient of the nature of the charges being investigated (e.g. insider trading, wire fraud, etc.). Target letters are used during the target or pre-indictment phase of a white-collar crime investigation. As might be expected, a target letter advises the recipient of his or her rights, in particular the right to counsel and the right not to testify. If you receive a target letter, you are most likely going to be indicted."
- About Defense Fund Donations:
- Mr. Flores-Williams states, "Your contribution--we so deeply thank you--will be utilized to cover general legal defense costs and expenses, which will be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. For example: basic travel costs for attorneys to hearings, basic travel costs for witnesses to hearings, multitudinous subpoenas (service of process expenses), government witness interviews and legal document transcription costs for possible impeachment at trial, expert witnesses ranging from 6 to 10k per (not including their travel and report expenses), independent computer forensics, investigation of persons in Ohio, pretrial discovery, voir dire research: this is all prior to commencement of actual trial of which basic costs--travel, stay; witness travel and lodging, exhibits and document prep, are extremely high."
- "Furthermore, there may be a need for security for the defense team during any extended stays in the Steubenville area."
- "The WBDL does not charge a fee or make a profit--we are a volunteer legal organization defending those who defend democracy. If you have any questions concerning your donation, we absolutely encourage you to contact The Law Office of Jason Flores-Williams, lead counsel for Deric Lostutter and co-founder of The WBDL."
- "If the government were to offer an amenable plea agreement that does not condemn Deric to prison and so that these resources were not fully used, then all donors would be contacted forthwith with the good news and potential return of their generous donation."
- These quotes can be seen here: https://www.wepay.com/donations/deric-lostutter--ky-anonymous-defense-fund
- About Deric's Control Over the Money Raised for the Defense Fund:
- Mr. Flores-Williams states, "Donations to this legal defense fund are not tax deductible and will become the sole property of, and be used at the sole discretion of, The Law Office of Jason Flores-Williams, Esq. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this at: 505-467-8288."
- This quote can be seen here: http://www.whistleblowerdefenseleague.com/deric-lostutter.htm
a guest Jun 12th, 2013 251 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data