- TweetStorm to STOP #SB5 in Texas.
- Texas introduced a bill (Senate bill 5) that aims to ban abortion after 20 weeks, force clinic doctors to hold admitting privileges at nearby hospitals and restrict abortions to surgical centers, measures that opponents say will virtually outlaw the procedure in the state and deny thousands of women vital medical care. http://www.salon.com/2013/06/24/texas_abortion_bill_sponsor_doesnt_know_what_a_rape_kit_is/singleton/
- “If this passes, abortion would be virtually banned in the state of Texas, and many women could be forced to resort to dangerous and unsafe measures,” Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- Texas Directory of Representatives/Senators: http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Home.aspx
- How to TweetStorm:
- 1. Use the #SB5 hashtag with whatever other tags you would like. Make sure #SB5 is tagged onto every tweet you use.
- 2. Tweet live updates, articles, quotes, personal stories, any and everything associated with #SB5 and standing in solidarity with the People's Filibuster.
- 3. DO NOT RETWEET! Copy and paste tweets with "RT" instead of clicking the Retweet button. If you click the Retweet button, it will not do anything to help #SB5 trend. So do not be afraid to steal tweets!
- Examples tweets:
- 1. Anti-Abortion Bill Could Be Headed for Defeat in Senate http://www.texasobserver.org/anti-abortion-bill-close-to-defeat/ #SB5 #FeministArmy #TXLege
- 2. "Senator so-and-so just said "words here.'" #SB5
- 3. [Upload photo] #SB5
- Reference articles:
- 1. I'm Naive, Not Stupid. There's A Difference: http://theoeditrix.com/2013/06/24/im-naive-not-stupid-theres-a-difference/
- 2. An Open Letter to Anyone Ready to Write Off Texas: Don’t, Because it’s *Your* Future at Stake http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2013/06/23/an-open-letter-to-anyone-ready-to-write-off-texas-dont/
- 3. While Everyone Argued About Abortion, 3-Year Old Madeleine Learned About Leadership and Ann Richards http://progresstexas.org/blog/while-everyone-argued-about-abortion-3-year-old-madeleine-learned-about-leadership-and-ann
- 4.UPDATED: By Stifling Debate, Texas House Passes Strict Anti-Abortion Bill http://www.texasobserver.org/by-stifling-debate-texas-house-passes-strict-anti-abortion-bill/
- 5. Wendy Davis stands between Texas women and abortion ban http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/06/25/1218628/-Wendy-Davis-stands-between-Texas-women-and-abortion-ban
- Just keep tweeting and tweeting with the #SB5 tag as much as possible. Show support for everyone, be in solidarity! People are starting to gather at the Texas Legislature at 8:00 am Central Time, so we are starting then. The brave Texans are going for a 13 hour filibuster. 9:00am until Midnight. Let's do it.
Texas #SB5 TweetStorm
chiefelk Jun 24th, 2013 550 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data