- --- Hive76 IRC discussion
- --- Log opened Mon Mar 14 15:33:25 2011
- 15:34 < jmil> i still don't get why you guyz were so uncomfortable with it. people have sex. people have sex toys. it's just not a big deal.
- 15:37 < dtoliaferro> I was for it at first but the peer pressure got to me.
- 15:37 <@adam> I wasn't crazy against it, but I was hesitant enough to not want it to be publicized, and I think that's fair
- 15:38 <@adam> for me it was more about the way it was approached. if it had been handled better, I think there's a higher chance it could have happened.
- 15:39 < dtoliaferro> How could it have been approached better?
- 15:40 < dtoliaferro> It's dildos either way.
- 15:40 <@adam> dtoliaferro: discussed with the group before publishing the eve
- nt and taken input on how it was presented to the public
- 15:41 <@adam> would be examples
- 15:41 < dtoliaferro> Yeah but I'm not even sure Hive could host an event like that.
- 15:41 <@adam> how do you mean?15:41 < dtoliaferro> I think women are gonna outnumber men at that event 10 to 1
- and that's what we're lacking.
- 15:42 <@adam> well, I think that was part of the question. why would we have an event that none of the members would attend
- 15:42 < dtoliaferro> From what I've seen, the Hacktory has strong particpation and interest from women.
- 15:42 < dtoliaferro> adam: Yeah, that's another good point.
- 15:43 <@adam> I'm not saying that's an argument for or against, but a questio
- n that was raised about it.
- 15:47 < d_m> i think it would have been cool. but they found another place to do it so it's ok i guess
- 15:47 < FarMcKon|host> I think it was a good opperunity missed.
a guest Aug 9th, 2011 1,241 Never
RAW Paste Data