- slirp seems to be part of vde2. In the COPYING.slirpvde the license of slirp is
- stated. It is copyright Danny Gasparovski and the license includes the
- following clause:
- 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
- must display the following acknowledgment:
- This product includes software developed by Danny Gasparovski.
- In the subdirectory which contains the slirp there are many files which are
- licensed under the more permissive BSD 3 clause license (i.e. the one without
- the advertising clause) and under the MIT license (typically those files
- written by Fabrice Bellard). However, there are still numerous files there
- which contain this notice:
- * Copyright (c) 1995 Danny Gasparovski
- * Please read the file COPYRIGHT for the
- * terms and conditions of the copyright.
- A reasonable interpretation of this notice, even in the absence of a COPYRIGHT
- file in the immediate directory is that the Danny Gasparovski license with the
- advertising clause is meant. This is not compatible with any version of the
- Thus, if slirp is linked with the rest of the files/components (some being GPL)
- an issue of GPL compatibility could arise.
- Could you therefore confirm first of all whether slirp is used at all. If it is
- used, we will need to check on whether upstream had permission to relicense
- files from Danny Gasparovski. If not, we will need to examine the nature of the
- interaction of the (c) Danny Gasparovski files with the rest of the package.
a guest May 19th, 2011 83 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data