- SpeedRunsLive Seasons FAQ
- What is a season?
- A season is a 3 month, ranked competition of races. At the start of a season, all players' ratings will be reset to zero across all games. At the end of a season, the ratings for all the games will be saved. A new season begings with everyone at zero again.
- Players will be able to see their past performance via the website (i.e. What rank was I last season in Super Mario 64?).
- Ratings leaderboards for past seasons will also be visible on the game pages (i.e. Who was the best Ocarina of Time racer last season?).
- How does this change racing?
- Racing will continue as normal. The rating algorithm is the same.
- What are featured games?
- Every season will have about a dozen featured games. Specific categories for these games will have their own separate rating leaderboard for just that category. For example, Season 1 will have a 16 Star leaderboard for Super Mario 64 in addition to the overall game leaderboard.
- At the end of a season, the top 3 players in each featured game will get an award. This will likely take the form of a profile badge, or an icon on the Streams page showing off their accomplishment.
- What if I get #1 in a game that isn't featured?
- There will not be awards for all games. This is due to the limited amount of competition for most games.
- How are featured games chosen?
- There are many factors to consider for a featured game. Above all, a competitive scene is the most important. Other factors include learning curve, challenge, resources for learning, and accessibility of the game itself.
- Will there be other awards?
- Yes, other awards exist like Most Races, Most Wins, and Most Playtime in a seasons. This is just the start, and we'd like to make more fun awards in the future.
- What other things are changing with seasons?
- The overall rating on the Leaderboard page is going away.
- A new section of the site will be made specifically for browsing all seasons and their featured games.
- The best race times mini-leaderboards will be reset.
a guest Mar 11th, 2013 4,398 Never
RAW Paste Data