- Protection Converts all damage from all sources (except from The Void, Hunger and the /kill command) to armor damage. IV See Armor article Armor with this enchantment cannot receive Fire Protection, Blast Protection, or Projectile Protection.
- Fire Protection Protection against fire IV See Armor article Armor with this enchantment cannot receive Protection, Blast Protection, or Projectile Protection.
- 2 Feather Falling Protection against fall damage IV See Armor article This also prevents the fall damage from Ender Pearl teleportations.
- Blast Protection Protection against explosions IV See Armor article Armor with this enchantment cannot receive Protection, Fire Protection, or Projectile Protection.
- Projectile Protection Protection against projectile entities (e.g. arrows and ghast/blaze fireballs (only the initial impact)). IV See Armor article Armor with this enchantment cannot receive Protection, Fire Protection, or Blast Protection.
- 5 Respiration Decreases the rate of air loss underwater; increases time between damage while suffocating and drowning. III Underwater breathing time +15 seconds; time between suffocation damage +1 second.
- 6 Aqua Affinity Increases underwater mining rate I —
- Sword Enchantments
- 16 Sharpness Extra damage V
- [note 1] 0.5 to 1.5 hearts extra damage per level. Extra damage is random for every hit. A sword with this enchantment cannot receive Smite or Bane of Arthropods.
- 17 Smite Extra damage to zombies, zombie pigmen, withers and skeletons. V 0.5 to 2 hearts extra damage per level. Extra damage is random for every hit. A sword with this enchantment cannot receive Sharpness or Bane of Arthropods.
- 18 Bane of Arthropods Extra damage to spiders, cave spiders and silverfish. V 0.5 to 2 hearts extra damage per level. Extra damage is random for every hit. A sword with this enchantment cannot receive Sharpness or Smite.
- 19 Knockback Increases the knockback dealt when attacking mobs and players. II More knockback. Does not combine with knockback caused by attacking while sprinting. Note that this enchantment can sometimes make experience harder to obtain, as it knocks the mob's body back, causing the orbs to spawn farther away.
- 20 Fire Aspect
- [note 2] Lights the target on fire. II Affects duration of burning. Dropped meat will be cooked if an animal is killed while on fire, but fire is not applied until after the attack damage. Striking TNT will ignite it from the fire application.
- 21 Looting [note 3] Mobs have a chance to drop more loot. III +1 to max loot drop per level. This also increases the chance of getting a rare drop.
- Tool Enchantments
- Efficiency Faster resource gathering while in use. V
- [note 4] +50% mining speed per level. Efficiency V gives a 250% speedboost, breaking some blocks instantly. The speed increase applies to blocks that the tool is appropriate for and those that can be mined by hand.
- Silk Touch
- [note 5]
- [note 6] Blocks mined will drop themselves, even if it should drop something else (e.g. Stone will drop stone, not Cobblestone). I — Allows the collection of normally unobtainable blocks such as Ores, Grass, Mycelium, Ice and Huge Mushrooms. (You can also pick-up Ender Chest and Glowstone as block) The normal requirements for mining blocks still applies: e.g. an iron or better pickaxe must still be used to retrieve diamond ore blocks etc. A tool with this enchantment cannot receive Fortune.
- Unbreaking At each use, there's a chance the tool's durability will not decrease. III The tool will last an entire tool durability longer. For example, an Unbreaking III item has a chance to actually be "used" (100/(3+1))% = (100/4)% = 25%. So Unbreaking III should, on average, make a tool last 4 times as long.
- [note 7] Can multiply the drop rate of items from blocks III I: 33% * 2 (33% more)
- II: 25% * 2, 25% * 3 (75% more)
- III: 20% * 2, 20% * 3, 20% * 4 (120% more)
- Only applies to coal, diamond, emerald, and lapis lazuli. Also affects the drop rates of Carrots, Glowstone, Melons, Nether Wart, Redstone, Tall Grass, and wheat (seeds only), and increases the chance for gravel to drop flint instead of itself (see #Notes). A tool with this enchantment cannot receive Silk Touch.
- Bow Enchantments
- 48 Power Extra damage V
- [note 8] Extra damage is dealt Multiplies base damage by 1.5 at Power I and grows in intervals of .25 (Power II = 1.75, Power III = 2.00, and Power IV = 2.25). A fully drawn Power IV bow will kill most mobs with a single shot (10-11 hearts damage).
- 49 Punch Knockback effect on mobs and players II Mobs and players are knocked back farther.
- 50 Flame
- [note 2] Sets arrows, mobs, and players on fire. I — Sets arrows on fire when shot, and players and mobs when hit. Applies after initial damage like Fire Aspect. Applied fire also ignites TNT.
- 51 Infinity Gives unlimited shots with a single arrow (The bow still loses durability). I — This can be extremely useful against the Ender Dragon when fighting it in The End, since the player can not return to the overworld for more arrows once their supply runs out. However, arrows fired by a bow with this enchantment cannot be retrieved, similar to the arrows fired by Skeletons.
Minecraft Enchantment IDs
a guest Dec 1st, 2012 10,627 Never
RAW Paste Data