- It is time to drop the ban hammer.
- *THE PURGE*
- Let's say we give a [this] post 24 hours for the community to vote on it. After the hours have passed, if the vote threshold in support of this proposal exceeds a certain percentage [65-70% is probably reasonable] that we ban these users from the subreddit.
- What users do you say?
- Well, let's start with the /r/conspiritard moderators (easily verifiable):
- No explanation needed
- Then, we can move on to the first group of active submitters of /r/conspiritard:
- These users have been active within the past seven days in /r/conspiritard as original content submitters. The vast majority of these submissions are racist and inflamatory or simply links to active posts in this sub which are then used to vote brigade.
- These users have no intention of participating in this subreddit for any reason other than trolling. This will clean up the discussions threads quite a bit, especially if we enforce a commenting/voting restriction on new accounts. They get banned, they create a new account but the new account can't post or vote here. Currently I believe the required account age is three days; this should be extended to one month. If a user is interested in /r/conspiracy and they just joined/created their account a month ago, they probably need to spend some time reading and getting familiar with topics and the culture of the community.
- If this proposal is accepted by the community by a show of votes, additional ban lists will follow each week (or more frequently) with an updated list of active submitters or moderators. This will go on as long as it has to and I have no problem putting in the minimal work required to do so.
- And secondly, if moderators show inaction on these proposals after the community collectively agrees for action, we must start examining each moderator and determine whether or not they should be allowed to remain as custodians of the community.
- Let's get this shit rolling and take the first step to cleaning up our community.
/u/InlaidMomento's post on /r/conspiracy
a guest Dec 29th, 2013 86 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data