- Sattler: Rumours, snide jokes, innuendoes... You've been the butt of them many times.
- Gillard: Well, I think that's probably right; we've certainly seen a few this week.
- S: Can I test a few out?
- G: In what way?
- S: ‘Tim's gay’.
- G: Well...
- S: I'm saying... That's a myth.
- G: That's absurd.
- S: You hear it! 'He must be gay; he's a hairdresser.' ...but you've heard it! It's not me saying it, it's what people say!
- G: Well, I mean, Howard - I don't know whether every silly thing that gets said is going to be repeated to me now--
- S: No no no--
- G: You know, to all the hairdressers out there, including to all the men who are listening: I don't think, in life, one can actually look at a whole profession full of different human beings and say, 'Gee, we know something about every one of those human beings.’ I mean, it's absurd, isn't it?
- S: You can confirm that he's not?
- G: Howard, don't be ridiculous. Of course not.
- S: No, but, are you in a heterosexual relationship - that's all I'm asking!
- G: Look, Howard, you and I have just talked about that. So now, that is bordering--
- S: No, no, I want to get rid of it--
- G: Let me just - let me just bring you back to earth.
- S: I'm not saying it!
- G: Right, well, let me just bring you back to earth. You and I have just talked about me and Tim living at the Lodge. We live there together as a couple. You know that. Yes, on the internet, you know, there are lots of, you know - what I've referred to in the past as nutjobs, and I'm happy to use the expression again; people who peddle and circulate vile and offensive things.
- S: Awful things.
- G: Yes, absolutely.
- S: Okay, we've put paid to all that now, let's get back to the election coming up.
Julia Gillard on 6PR Drive - 13/06/2013
a guest Jun 13th, 2013 7,105 Never
RAW Paste Data