- 1 Message by you on Fri, 6th Feb 2009 3:00 am
- Good morning.
- Today, a question occured to me. I love Steam, I'm buying a lot on it, no reproach to do.
- But what in the long-term ? I mean what will happen if one day Steam has to close (for example for money issues) ? Some games are working mostly based on a multiplayer system, based on Steam, like Team Fortress, left 4 dead, and i can understand that it would mean the end for these games.
- But what about games from other companies, single player games, like for example X3 series, or PopCap games ? Would they become unavailable, or would Valve release a Steam version allowing to launch these games without further checking ?
- I searched in the legal terms, all I could find was this :
- C. NO GUARANTEES.
- VALVE DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR SECURE OPERATION AND ACCESS TO STEAM, THE STEAM SOFTWARE, YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS(S).
- Does it mean that if one day Steam closes, everything we bought is lost ?
- Or will there be some kind of guarantee at this moment, that backupped games can still be launched ?
- Because there is the "offline mode", but what if someone needs to format, and reinstall, is it lost ?
- Finally, it's a major issue which prevents a lot of people from joining, afraid of such a situation of Steam closing.
- Thanks in advance for your answers, i apologize if this was answered somewhere else, I couldn't find it.
- 2 Message by Support Tech on Mon, 9th Feb 2009 11:10 am
- Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
- If a time came when this was the situation, we would deal with the issue then. It is very unlikely that Steam will be shutting down anytime soon. Steam would not leave the users without their games.
a guest Feb 1st, 2012 2,335 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data