- Improving Ruby's Synchronization Primitives and Core Libraries
- This RubySoC project is divided in two parts. Both are intended to 1)
- give Ruby some more features and 2) make it faster, both be improving
- Ruby core code and writing C extensions when possible.
- The first one is related to Synchronization Primitives, data
- structures that are very useful and necessary while programming
- multi-thread/processes systems. Ruby has some synchronization
- primitives implemented on its core, and others can be found in several
- different Ruby-only gems and libraries. Some of these primitives could
- have their Ruby code polished, and others could be sped up by a C
- extension. The objective of this part of this project is to improve,
- where possible, Ruby code of existing synchronization primitives
- implementations and to improve their efficiency by writing C
- extensions for the most important and useful ones.
- The second part is related to Ruby core libraries. It's known that
- there are lots little improvements to be done on core libraries that
- could improve Ruby efficiency and code readability. Even more could be
- done to improve speed by writing more core code in C. There's a lot of
- work to be done here, and the objective of this second part is to
- improve as much as possible Ruby core by polishing Ruby code and
- improving more C extensions.
Improving Ruby's Synchronization Primitives and Core Libraries
a guest Jul 18th, 2010 230 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data