- Hilarious sequence in NYTimes hoax (as told by @WikiLeaks)
- 1. Block New York times campaign starts late March http://blocknytimes.org
- 2. BlockNYTimes campaign "wrests control" back over http://blocknytimes.org and starts new twitter account @block_nytimes
- 3. Sunday morning, Anonymous & another other accounts start to tweet "Bill Keller opinion" article about bank blockade http://www.opinion-nytimes.com/2012/07/29/opinion/keller-a-post-postscript.html
- 4. Bill Keller twitter account with one "I" switched for "l" starts tweeting article, asking NYTimes journalists to reweet.
- 5. NYTimes tech editor falls for it, re-tweeting to 125k followers. As do many others.
- 6. A variation on the PayPal blog gives a statement on the Block NYTimes / WikiLeaks issue http://www.thepaypalblog.co/2012/07/statement-on-nytimes.html
- 7. Nine hours ago, @journalismfest tweets WikiLeaks, A Post Postscript by @nytkeller http://www.opinion-nytimes.com/2012/07/29/opinion/keller-a-post-postscript.html
- 8. Bill Keller apparently himself fooled(!) in the early morning retweets the "hoax" article tweet from from @journalismfest
- 9. Bill Keller apparently discovers his error 5 hours later and GOES INTO CAPS MODE https://twitter.com/nytkeller/status/229559080296005632
- 10. Inexplicably Bill Keller @nytkeller then tweets "I am now a world expert in dressage. Ask me anything."
- 11. Bill Keller @nytkeller then deletes the tweet showing he was fooled and later the bizarre "dressage" tweet.
- 12. WikiLeaks takes credit for NYTimes banking blockade hoax. But who else involved? http://www.opinion-nytimes.com/2012/07/29/opinion/keller-a-post-postscript.html http://wikileaks.org/Banking-Blockade
- Screen shot of NYTimes exec editor Bill Keller unwittingly spreading Bill Keller hoax pic.twitter.com/tLlW77LA http://www.opinion-nytimes.com/2012/07/29/opinion/keller-a-post-postscript.html
- Assange:"If the NYTimes cannot act with honnor to defend their 'sources' from economic censorship then we'll just have to do it for them :)"
- Yes. We admit it. WikiLeaks (Assange & co) and our great supporters where behind the successful NYTimes banking blockade hoax on @nytkeller.
- What is not a hoax, is that WikiLeaks is under illegal economic censorship by US financial insitutions and NYTimes says nothing. The rats.
Hilarious sequence in NYTimes hoax (as told by @WikiLeaks)
m_cetera Jul 29th, 2012 3,125 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data