- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
- From: Nupur Shah <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM
- Subject: Two cases of Medical neglience- Medanta Medicity-Gurgaon and Fortis Noida
- To: Alumni <email@example.com>
- Dear All,
- This is my duty to warn you and your family about two well known hospitals of Delhi-NCR; Medanta Medicity-Gurgaon and Fortis Noida.
- My mother was admitted to Medanta for a by-pass surgery on the 25th of March 2011. As assumed by many, we had faith in the man behind Medanta (Dr Trehan).Unfortunately, we suffered such a harrowing experience at the hospital that after 3.5 months(discharged on 17th July) of hospital stay and a bill of 15 lacs, my mother was discharged with a permanent damage to her brain. She is now completely bed ridden and cannot do even the basic activities like speaking and eating food. Her heart still does not function well.
- Our experience is similar to what you will read in the message below. My mother is still alive because fortunately we were very particular of checking with doctors all around us as well as the internet before any procedure was performed on my mother. Also, while in the ICU we kept a check on her health through telephone and personal visits. Additionally, there was immense negligence by the doctors and an extreme lack of co-ordination among doctors of different speciality. Despite of our regular escalation of the matter to Dr. Trehan, the mistakes by doctors and nurses continued till they managed to ruin the patient severely. There were episodes when ICU nurses failed to notice internal bleeding, failed to notice the increase in drowsiness and recurrent coma.
- I sincerely advise you against using Medanta.
- Nupur Shah
- -----Original Message-----
- From: Apurvo Ghosh
- Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:23 PM
- Subject: FW: Please do not visit Fortis Noida - A must read !!!!!!!!!!
- Importance: High
- "Be the trendsetter in energy solutions by consistently exceeding stakeholder's expectations."
- From: "Srijan very sad news , May God's blessings and peace be with you and your family.
- Regards. .Ravindra
- With deep regret I want to inform you the demise of my wife Rupali Sharma on 17th July due to post operative complication after brain surgery.
- I would also like to bring to your notice how private hospitals like FORTIS are robbing people of their life and money. Please be very careful while dealing with such hospitals. Find below the details of my experience with Fortis Noida.
- My wife age 29 ( occupation- trainer with HCL) was diagnosed with a non malignant brain tumor on 17th June2011. She did not have any major symptoms like headache, eye problem or vomiting. She was suggested surgery for removal of tumor. We took opinions from Max, Indo Gulf and finally decided on Fortis because of the good reputation of Dr. A K Singh.
- Doctors did not make us aware that it is a very complicated surgery and said that there are only incidental risks. "Amount of risk involved is same as the risk when you come from your home to hospital"
- On the date of admission I pointed out several times that my wife was having severe cough and cold. It was ignored by doctors saying "Everything is perfect". Later on Dr Sanjay Gupta admitted that this could have led to infection.How could they ignore it? Moreover the doctor preponed the surgery by one day because he had to go outside India.We were totally unaware of that. Why did not they postpone the surgery instead?
- From day one the team did not have any consensus on how the tumor will be removed. They said that they will try from nose first , if not they will cut open the skull. On the day of operation (8th July)they said after 5 hrs that they could not extract tumor through nose so .. they will open the skull. My dear wife had to go through both the procedures. The whole operation took 12 hrs.
- Post operative care is pathetic. Why was my wife given sandwich and chole chawal in ICU after next day of such a major surgery?My wife vomitted on 13 July morning and was drowsy. We immediately alarmed the doctors on duty. But they ignored the situation saying that everything is normal. In the evening she was perspiring, We again alarmed doctors on duty but no action was taken. If the doctors have been proactive they could have saved my wife.
- By 14th morning the condition had deteriorated and doctors took her to ICU and put her on ventilator saying it is not required but as a precaution they were doing it.The worst part is that senior doctors A K Singh and Sanjeev Dua went out of country on that day. We tried to reach them through various means but they were not available for next 3 days. (How could they leave two patients in such a serious condition?There was another patient with similar case in ICU who also died )
- Doctors who were available ( Vikas Gupta, Bundela, Sanjay Gupta ) acted like bunch of idiots. They could not diagnose the problem and condition deteriorated every day. There was total lack of leadership and no team work at all. Each doctor gave a different reason for the problem ( lung infection, hypo perfusion, brain infection none of which was confirmed by the time of death). On 14th July, doctors were saying that there is lung infection but they had not called any lung specialist. It is only when we suggested , they called an expert? Why did not they call the experts on there own?
- On 16th July Dr. Vivek Chawla was instructed to update us the condition by 7:00 am in morning. However we were not informed till 11:00 Am that she had a cardiac arrest at 4:00 am. My wife's cousin (who is a doctor in AIIMS) visited Fortis Neuro ICU on 17th July , he told me that my wife was already dead. After he left , hospital declared dead my wife. Otherwise they would have continued with ventilator for god knows how many days. One of the lady doctor in ICU very shamefully admitted that there was negligence on part of doctors.
- The hospital has international standards in only the exorbitant rated they charge. They gave me an estimate of 2.5 lakhs to cure my wife and charged Rs
- 5.5 lakhs for her deadbody. We were never communicated that the charges had gone beyond the estimate. How could they expect us to deposit more than double the amount at the time of death on a Sunday evening?
- There was no doctor from Neurosurgery team available when the death was declared. When we shouted at the authorities they were quick enough to call the police within minutes. But they could not get any doctor to confirm the cause of death or at least give a condolence message as a human gesture. We had to immediately arrange double the estimated cost, otherwise they would not give us the dead body.
- We had a meeting with hospital management and team of doctors on 4th Aug.
- Where doctors accepted majority of our allegations. We demanded a return of the extra money paid and action against doctors. Director Mr Sukhmeet Sandhu assured a response by phone in two days. After 8 days we received a condolence message with no action.
- Nowadays hospitals believe in profiteering even at the cost of life. There is no trasparency and they put people on ventilator even when it is not required. Very careless attitude of doctors, nurses and other staff. Again warning you against such malpractices.
- Kindly request you to forward this mail to all your friends and relatives and request you to suggest me good lawyer/ agency who could help me in dealing with this situation.
- Srijan Sharma ( F1707 )
Negligence - Naresh Trehan@Medicity and Fortis-Noida
a guest Sep 3rd, 2011 426 Never
Not a member of Pastebin yet? Sign Up, it unlocks many cool features!
RAW Paste Data