unicode vim weirdness
a guest Jul 3rd, 2011 217 Never
- # I think I've discovered a cursor positioning/rendering bug in vim 7.2 with devanagari script (used for Hindi language).
- # Here's the offending line (also at http://pastebin.com/DMvM7Fx9):
- my @test = ( 'wiki', 'â日本語é', 'çमानक हिन्दीà' );
- # 1. The problem is with the devanagari characters. There's only six of them: but 9-ish (3 extraneous circle things) are displayed
- # 2. Go to end of line
- # 3. Observe that cursor doesn't go completely to end of line. Cursor goes to closing quote ' only
- # 4. Move cursor left character-at-a-time (arrow or h)
- # 5. Before you've reached the Kanji characters, one of the devanagari characters is replaced with an extraneous ')'
RAW Paste Data